Battery drain fixed!

sp5it

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
Xiaomi YI
So I fixed my camera suffered from big battery drain when off.
All you need is to open it and put a piece of insulator between backup battery and metal frame, where was shortcut between + and -.
I used piece of 35mm camera film stiff enough to press between metal frame and battery + surface.
See attached photo.

Mike

Attachments

• xiaomi-yi-fix.jpg
    xiaomi-yi-fix.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 79
Thanks for the info. I will let my buddy know, that he should try to fix his battery drain problem like that.
Luckily my Yi does not suffer from that bug/problem.

sp5it,

Thank you so much.
I've also fixed my drain battery using your discovery.
A simple thin plastic sheet to separate the backup battery and the top metal part.

How do you know that?

my white one came with this mod installed from factory :D

my white one came with this mod installed from factory :D

Mine too. Although I still seem to have some discharge, so I put a piece of plastic in just to make sure.

Mine has a piece of black isolator, and with the battery out the voltage reamins at 2.83V in the battery, but then it consumes aproximatelly 1%/h with the camera off. I have not charged before the battery, it has the factory charge, but anyway, is it normal?
Thanks.

Charge first.
Mike
I have tested it after charging it and it does not discharge anymore. Thank you for the tip, i didn't think that charging the battery for the first time would make such a difference.
Regards.

Li-ion batteries are shipped charged to storage voltage only.
Mike

Hi i have a 23L and it DOES have a black thing that is already there BUT there is STILL a battery drain ? I used my voltmeter and tested , i put touch on of my voltmeter's points on the capacitator underneath the black thing (supposed to keep it from touching the large metal plate heatsink in front right?), and then touch the metal plate and there IS electric signal.

does this mean there is a leak still?

For those who have a black piece , check yours also and see if that's still an issue?

thanks,

FYI, watch this video to the point where the guy says use a voltmeter to test:

i'm not sure i understand correctly, is he saying it is OK that your voltmeter says 2.6v if you touch the capacitator underneath the "plastic or black thing" and the plate? As in, A LITTLE bit of leak is normal? Anyway, mine does say about 2.6v. Shouldn't there be NO voltage activity at all on the plate though..?

I have the same model and I have the same problem. I put a pice of plastic and no change.... maybe is the firmware... 1.2.12..

Hello,

My Yi YDXJ01XY (Z26L) running firmware 1.5.12 drains the full original battery (1010mAH, 3.7V, 3.74WH) in just a few hours even when off.

Is this because the camera is actually in standby mode? Is there a way to completely shut it down, or should I just remove the battery when not using it?

The white Yi camera at the bottom of this page redirects to this page in Chinese, and downloading doesn't actually work: Is there a newer firmware anyway?

Thanks for any help.

Few weeks ago I get YI Action FW 1.2.12 HW 22L and yesterday I notice battery drain problem. Ammeter show me, that a current of ~20mA flows from the battery, so in 1 day batteri is at 50%. Camera have "black things there" :).
After switching Ammeter from 2000 to 20mA range, current fall under 1mA. I have osciloscope which show 250us 50mAp current pulse every 68ms. 20mA is constant, no pulses. It is possible for the 20mA DC current to change to pulsed when the battery is predominantly discharged, thus slowing down further discharge.

Is there any solution.

Last edited:
Today I want to measure additional consumption of WiFi and notice, that camera in off state drain battery with 10mA.
Camera without WiFi drain ~465mA, with WiFi on ~530 and with connectet Androud app ~545

Back