Battery Drain fom SG

Raymond20931

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I were to run the SG in parking mode using an external battery of 10 Ah, how long would it last?

Also, how long would it last if I ran the SG in parking mode using a car battery? How long until I won't have enough charge to start the car?

If I were to run the SG in parking mode using an external battery of 10 Ah, how long would it last?

Unknown

Also, how long would it last if I ran the SG in parking mode using a car battery? How long until I won't have enough charge to start the car?

If you want to record a bit extra on your SG9665GC while away you can get a Vico-Power PLUS hard wire kit.
Timer Cut-off
Low Voltage Cut-off
Thermal High Temp Cut-off
On Demand parked power (on/off when you need it)

I wouldn't let it record 24/7 though, too hard on the hardware, memory card, and car battery.

it draws around 250mAh to 280mAh, it's not intended to run continuously though
So if it draws 280mAh, would the 10 Ah battery bank last approximately 35 hours? Is that how it works?

Also I used a multimeter to check the amount of current that is going through my car battery when everything else is off and just the dashcam is running. And it draws approximately .20A. Is this correct?

Also I used a multimeter to check the amount of current that is going through my car battery when everything else is off and just the dashcam is running. And it draws approximately .20A. Is this correct?

sounds about right, may be lower than 250mAh but it will draw higher at times, from memory peak draw was around 280mAh, screen on, GPS looking for signal, recording

So if it draws 280mAh, would the 10 Ah battery bank last approximately 35 hours? Is that how it works?

Depends also on environment temperature. In cold weather it is less. I would reserve about at least - 20-30% from theoretical calculations.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SG9665GC 10
B SG9665GC 13
Back