Battery Drain of Car

Knobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My LK-7950 is hard wired into a new Gen4 Prius. Yesterday I suffered a 12V battery low and the car failed to start. The only thing I could see that was not off was the camera was stuck in a "flashing Fat" Mode. Switching Ignition OFF made no difference. The camera was in ACC but with IGN on after "boosting" the car and a "format from camera" it returned to normal "See you" IGN off. It is set to power off if battery less than 12.5v and this did not happen but I am not sure if this would when in ACC.
Anybody know how to stop this?

I've been asking the same question. As you may have read in my post. It was killing my truck battery when I had the yellow and red wires pigtailed and fused into always hot. I did this cause I thought I had battery protection. I had t boost twice. I believe this must be a software issue. Now that I've wired it for true power or acc it won't stay on when always on is selected. Someone stated the issue but I'm not certain that's it but I will be following up on that suggestion. Keep me informed.
Thankx Bill

Àll back to normal now. I checked the settings today and power cut off was set to Auto, not sure how the camera decides what a Prius needs to start so I have set it to 12.2v. It's not used in Park mode, but I would rather a dead camera than a flat car battery. Lukas responded very quick suggesting the chips may be on their last legs. Three years Always on with ignition, they could be right, but I will just check the display occasionally. I also set Auto format to 32 weeks. I think I was just unlucky, it forced format as the card was full, glitched as I probably powerd off and stock in standby. I will now check for See you when I park up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V LK-7950 2
dklein LK-7950 21
Back