Battery drain with the Yi, with battery drain fix from factory.

JorDib

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I recently got my Yi and noticed straight away that the battery was draining 1% a minute without recording or taking pictures, I tested without WiFi and got the same decrease, so I decided to open it up and noticed there's already a plastic sheet covering the cell, so I have no other idea of what the draining could be caused by and need help, Thanks.

It's the 23L hardware, v1.2.12 firmware

I have the 22L from Gearbest with latest firmware and I have the same issue. Factory fix is in place too.

I have the 22L from Gearbest with latest firmware and I have the same issue. Factory fix is in place too.
Yeh it's pretty frustrating, tomorrow I'll add another sheet of plastic or paper there to see if the leak continues, if not I have no other ideas.

Same here. .. same problem. ... z23L firmware 1.2.12... masive power drain...help pls.....

Hi, i've opened my xiaomi for mic fix, but I have a piece of plastic insulation that point, as seen in the picture. But with 45 minutes of video recording in 2k (bitrates to 35mpbs), the battery has dropped below 20%. It's normal?

Attachments

• DSC_0361.JPG
    DSC_0361.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 61
yes that is a normal time for accu recording videos in that high resolution.
1080/30 about 80 minutes
1080/60 about 60 minutes
1296/30 about 50 minutes (2K)

Model: Z221 from Gearbest with latest firmware
Factory fix (the black thing) is in place
Battery drops about 1% per minute without recording or taking pictures

Same problem here Z23L firmware, 1% per minute without recording, and power button zone gets hot.

any solution ideas????

I had the same issue with my 23L when I first got it. The solution was to charge the battery for 12 hours. After this, the battery reached its full capacity. Since then my battery drain is minimal. Maybe this works for you.

I'm thinking it is a firmware issue, because when recording the battery percentage count down is the same: 1% per minute, it seems like the cpu is always running at highest capacity (recording or not).
Gonna try downgrading the firmware and will let you know. Also I will let it charge for 12 hours.

I Downgraded to 1.2.0 and the problem is the same, it seems like the idle mode is not low power consumption friendly and the cpu gets hot even if not recording, so we are limited to a max recording time of 100 minutes at the lowest processing settings, considering a power discharge around 1% per minute.

Maybe they will fix the issue in the next firmware upgrade, or maybe it is the way it was built, anyway I don't expect deep sleep mode like in cellphones.

Plucky

Back