Battery issue

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
OK, my X (with battery) is recording AOK, but at end of power to USB, everything cut's off immediately (don't matter if I have delay OFF set to "IMMEDIATE" or 5 seconds), and the last file is saved, but it is corrupted. I don't even get the little beeps after power off nor the 3 last rapid red flashes ....(However, I do get the end-beeps and 3 red flashes when I disconnect the camera from the PC....)

Battery level seems OK (checked with my multimeter), it states slightly over 4 Volts. So, battery seems OK then?

And when I restart the camera on USB power, it starts recording again, and after that the corrupted file seems to have disappeared...

SO, I installed the supercap I had laying around, and that does everything correct!

Is my battery defective? It does get warm while connected to the power source, so charging seems to work.

Weird thingie. Anyone?

Sounds like a dead / dying battery that cannot hold enough charge to complete the shutdown process. Had that happen on my first Mobius battery, before I switched to a capacitor.

if its the battery you should have no problems finding a new one using the measurements of the old one

Should I ask for one with JooVuu?

:D

Well to tell you the truth I don't like the super capacitor very much because when the camera is doing Nothing For 2 or 3 Days it loses time and date and every time I need to set it up again that's why I prefer the battery because I can let it lay around for a week and still the date and time are correct

Sounds like a dead / dying battery that cannot hold enough charge to complete the shutdown process. Had that happen on my first Mobius battery, before I switched to a capacitor.

are you sure about that because I have some batteries for the Mobius camera, same voltage, 3.7, but wrong connector.

are you sure about that because I have some batteries for the Mobius camera, same voltage, 3.7, but wrong connector.
I wasn't suggesting you use a Mobius battery or capacitor in your X

I wasn't suggesting you use a Mobius battery or capacitor in your X

I should have ended with a smiley but I figured you'd understand the irony

:):D:whistle:

Should I ask for one with JooVuu?

:D

Well to tell you the truth I don't like the super capacitor very much because when the camera is doing Nothing For 2 or 3 Days it loses time and date and every time I need to set it up again that's why I prefer the battery because I can let it lay around for a week and still the date and time are correct
Must be something wrong with your camera because mine (capacitor) holds date/time for weeks. Maybe your RTC battery is faulty as well.

Must be something wrong with your camera because mine (capacitor) holds date/time for weeks. Maybe your RTC battery is faulty as well.

Hm, I'm not sure, but with the battery it took at least a week to loose the date. I'll have another go and see how long this supercapacitor holds it.

OK, my X (with battery) is recording AOK, but at end of power to USB, everything cut's off immediately (don't matter if I have delay OFF set to "IMMEDIATE" or 5 seconds), and the last file is saved, but it is corrupted. I don't even get the little beeps after power off nor the 3 last rapid red flashes ....(However, I do get the end-beeps and 3 red flashes when I disconnect the camera from the PC....)

Battery level seems OK (checked with my multimeter), it states slightly over 4 Volts. So, battery seems OK then?

And when I restart the camera on USB power, it starts recording again, and after that the corrupted file seems to have disappeared...

SO, I installed the supercap I had laying around, and that does everything correct!

Is my battery defective? It does get warm while connected to the power source, so charging seems to work.

Weird thingie. Anyone?

I'm going to make a guess at your power supply to the camera being inadequate to charge the battery but just sufficient to power the cam or charge the capacitor.

I'm going to make a guess at your power supply to the camera being inadequate to charge the battery but just sufficient to power the cam or charge the capacitor.

I only use 2.1A and 3.0A car chargers.... At home I charge it for hours on end @2A.

That should be OK...

I only use 2.1A and 3.0A car chargers.... At home I charge it for hours on end @2A.

That should be OK...

A lot of USB cables are poor quality and the voltage (not amps) drops too much for battery charging but is borderline for powering devices and charging caps.
I don't use USB cables plugged into 12v-to-5v adapters any more; I use genuine dashcam cables which have better quality wire inside compared to ordinary USB cables.

I even have suspicions that under-spec cables have killed a couple of memory cards and caused cams to occasionally misbehave.

A lot of USB cables are poor quality and the voltage (not amps) drops too much for battery charging but is borderline for powering devices and charging caps.
I don't use USB cables plugged into 12v-to-5v adapters any more; I use genuine dashcam cables which have better quality wire inside compared to ordinary USB cables.

I even have suspicions that under-spec cables have killed a couple of memory cards and caused cams to occasionally misbehave.

I hadn't considered cables in my earlier post, but until now I use the ones eletoponline sells (3ft), I've always believed they were OK. Sometimes I also use retractable USB cables for ease of use (like these: http://www.dx.com/p/retractable-usb-to-mini-usb-data-cable-74cm-length-22552#.WehYVnbKNFs) and store in my bag, and angle-adapter cables, depending on how the cables are a hangin'....

I recently orded some new ones:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ugr...32393576557.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.srrNx1

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ven...32462194507.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.srrNx1

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Min...32821776857.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.srrNx1

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/24c...32579321825.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.srrNx1

And every added adapter loses power too :(

Monoprice cables are highly spoken of and that's where I'll shop for mine when I get a permanent set-up installed (if that is even possible for me with all the different cams I've got and want :whistle: ) :ROFLMAO: Right now I've got a patched-together mix of stuff but it works reliably ;)

Phil

I need a new micro USB cable for my flashlight in the car, seem like the old one dident take much abuse as i twisted the flashlight in its holder with the charger adapter attached, now it have a 1 inch gash in the seal exposing the negative wire.

I will probably also have to buy a couple other lengths of USB cable, i seem to be running low for some reason.

I need a new micro USB cable for my flashlight in the car, seem like the old one dident take much abuse as i twisted the flashlight in its holder with the charger adapter attached, now it have a 1 inch gash in the seal exposing the negative wire.

I will probably also have to buy a couple other lengths of USB cable, i seem to be running low for some reason.

Yeah I know what you mean USB cables are like snakes If you don't Keep Your eye on them, they sneak away.... Hahaha

Some USB cables are data only! Some are data and charging, don't always expect the place you are buying from tell you what they are for, if in doubt go to the product home and look at the cable you are interested in to see how/what it will do before you buy!

One can do a google search on USB cable reviews and find out who makes the better ones. Last time I looked it was some of the Anker cables models, forget which ones.

Here is one place, https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-micro-usb-cable/ another would be monoprice they make good cables priced cheaper (usually) than most places and have sales very often, if you sign up, they send you sales notices by email.

Yeah I didn't really get a satisfactory answer from JooVuu's "customer care", "support" or whatever that is called.... :cry: So, I took a spare Mobius 820mAh / 3.7V battery, soldered the Joovuu cable / connector to the battery, and hey presto, the JooVuu has juice again.... HAHAHAHAHA :ROFLMAO:

so cool.... Anyway, it works.

AND IMPORTANT: the 820mAh fits like a GLOVE into the Joovuu's housing....! :D

Maybe of help for anyone....

Piece.

Some USB cables are data only! Some are data and charging

That point cannot be stressed enough............ @jokiin..... Could you please explain again why decent cabling is vital for stability

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C JooVuu 6
T JooVuu 12
dirkzelf JooVuu 26
Back