battery low and shutdown issues

lkwan78

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Real f500lHd
does anyone else have a f500lhd that their dashcam keeps saying battery is low and then shuts off?

once it gets on my nerves enough. i will take in to work and let it charge on a wall adpater for 8 hours. after i do this the dashcam is fine for 1-2 days but then it repeats the problem.

it is almost like the dashcam is while Recording is discharging faster than it can be charged. i think this is my problem bc like i said it is fine for a couple days after an 8 hours charge...

FYI it is a real unit and not fake that i bought from a link seller on the f500lhd page. i have not upgrade the firmware yet bc i have a mac at home and at work.

It sounds that you need new battery.

i was just that about that... i have only had it for a month. but it could be a defective battery?

lkwan78 said:
i was just that about that... i have only had it for a month. but it could be a defective battery?
You have to remember that it Chinese junk, so the quality is not so high.
Maybe you received defective battery from the beginning, it sounds the most logical explanation.
Anyway hope that the problem is only bad battery, when a camera begins to do problems this is the end.

haha, i hope the chinese junk replacement battery i ordered from amazon will fix problem. i will have it on wed, and update this thread a few days afterwards so that i can test it out.

I'm chinese btw...

lkwan78 said:
haha, i hope the chinese junk replacement battery i ordered from amazon will fix problem. i will have it on wed, and update this thread a few days afterwards so that i can test it out.

I'm chinese btw...
It's not about your origin...
You do not have to look on everything has racism and negative ...
The fact is that 90% of what is produced in China is low quality junk and its known all over the world.

Re: battery low

lkwan78 said:
does anyone else have a f500lhd that their dashcam keeps saying battery is low and then shuts off?

The battery on mine discharges after two days. It may be that the battery is running down while the unit is "off". This morning I got a low battery warning when I turned it on but it was able to record for 40 minutes when connected to the car charger.

I'm going to troubleshoot this before I contact estore009.

I have verified that the car adapter is working. I can put the F500 in battery charge mode on the car adapter.

As soon as the battery finishes charging, I'm going to try a firmware update.

If that doesn't help I will swap in a real Nokia battery. I have a few good ones on hand.

I've confirmed the battery runs down when the cam is "off". Battery charges while it is recording and powered by the car adapter.

Updating to the latest stable firmware V1.14 T2L-KH did not help.

Not worth returning. Works well enough to use. I'll try swapping batteries but I doubt that fix the problem.

I tried buying a Nokia battery and it still doesn't charge correctly.

Very frustrating, so much that I don't use it anymore! Reliability rating on this camera for me is poor!

Cause found

I've isolated the cause to the car charger. If the camera is and connected to the charger, the battery runs down.

Simple work around is to disconnect the camera from the charger. I will also try a different 12V adapter.

So when I get out the car i should unplug the charger? let me know if simply replacing the charger fixes it? I'm sure I was spare mini usb charges laying around somewhere...

I want to like my f500, but everytime i look at it my BP goes up!

lkwan78 said:
So when I get out the car i should unplug the charger?

That works for me.

let me know if simply replacing the charger fixes it?

I will. Need to find a charger first. I have one somewhere.

If it's just the fact that the 5V (or 3.6V) of the battery remains present on the USB while the device is off and the charger is actually putting load on the output whilst not powered from the front side: that's 2 bugs at once. Remove one and you will be lucky.
easiest patch: Take a simple diode (of at least 500mA, any 1N4001 or alike will do) and wire it serial in the adaptor. Even with the drop of about 0.7V (due to the diode) the device will probably turn.
If not, take one of those miniusb caradaptors rated as "6V" (mostly white micro usb plug), with the diode in serial you woud be at 5.3V and with that well inside the limits of +/-10%.

I could disassemble the charger and adjust the output voltage up 0.7 and tack in a diode. It is almost certainly using an LM317 or similar linear regulator. The current rating of 1.5A is the same as an LM317.

Or I could try another adapter. I haven't bothered to try anything since I found a work around.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A DOD F500LHD, F900LHD 1
Back