Battery Pack for Parking Mode?

LoneWoof

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is SG planning on making some sort of battery pack (or will have a compatibility kit for the CellLink or the Blackvue) for their upcoming parking mode? The parking mode is something I really look forward to in the SG9663DC, but I've been reading around, and people have been saying that using your car battery to power a dashcam can reduce its life by some. If it's possible, I'd rather have to replace a battery pack than not being able to start a car one day as a nasty surprise.

That seems to be a common question. We won’t be selling battery packs but it’s theoretically possible to hook up the pending new SGDCHW (3-wire hard wire kit that enables parking mode) to 3rd party supplemental battery systems such as CellLink etc. We haven’t tested this setup yet but I’m sure someone will.

Battery packs such as the Neo and B124 should work with the "unspliced" versions of their hardwire kits.

Battery packs such as the Neo and B124 should work with the "unspliced" versions of their hardwire kits.

The Cellink B is not suitable, the Cellink Neo offers three wire output, this would be compatible, the B124 I'm not familiar with

The Cellink B is not suitable, the Cellink Neo offers three wire output, this would be compatible, the B124 I'm not familiar with
I thought the Cellink B also came with three wire output. Wouldnt that be compatible then?

I thought the Cellink B also came with three wire output. Wouldnt that be compatible then?

I don't think the regular Cellink switches the accessory circuit, I don't have one to be able to check but you'd want to double check it has this function first

Back