battery charger

Airborne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
During the winter months I use these on all car battery’s, does anyone else use them? I even have them on my tractor and quad. I would think they would be a plus for parking mode at the house. This small battery trickler works great. Is there going to be a down side once I have my dashcam installed. I cannot think of any. But I am a electrician and not a technician . You can goggle this item if you like. Amazon sells them and many other merchants
battery charger 12 Volt Junior Automatic Battery Charger

The thing is that it only charges at 750ma I don't know much your car drains when it is in sleep mode (Doors closed and keys out of ignition for a few minutes). My camera uses 12v @ 300ma according to my Backup battery app. That only leaves 450 milliamp left to maintain the car. I read that newer cars can have a parasitic drain of up to 85ma in sleep mode so that will leave you with 360ma to deal with.

It should work.
At 12V, that is over 4 watts, lots of power unless you actually need to charge an empty battery, in which case it will take a long time, but still get there eventually.

I am asking if it is ok to keep on battery while my dashcam is in parking mode. Some times my truck or spare car sits in the driveway for over a week, the reason I keep a trickler on the batterys

Yes, no problem at all.

There is a possibility that it will throw a battery error because it is seeing far more drain than would be normal for a parked vehicle, might even turn itself off, but it will probably work normally and definitely won't cause any harm.

Yes the battery charger has idiot lights to show if the battery is charging or at rest. I am gun shy hearing these problems with the A129. My main reason for getting a dashcam is the parking mode function. I would be interested to see if they start selling with the 1.9 firmware installed already and how often does the manufacturer come out with updates? I mean is this a every week, month etc. to do a update?

Back