Battery version Mobius just goes on and on and on and on

petepete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
remarkable really ... not touched 3 of them for 2 and a half years and pulled the sd cards the other day and there it was just as it should be and the quality run through vlc player every bit as good as anything else today !!!

I really wouldn't recommend anything else for existence of the many threads of doom gloom and failure of other dashcams !!!!!

Rubbish unreliable and pointless I d say to modern manufacturers ....... get u re act together and put some effort in to improve.

( now I ll get off my soap box !! )

Agreed. The original Mobius 1 has exceptional reliability and good quality video.

so jokiin..

6 years on cant you manufactures improve on it ... l just jokin if you get the pun Lol..

so jokiin..

6 years on cant you manufactures improve on it ... l just jokin if you get the pun Lol..
Currently, I think the Blueskysea B1W is an improvement, cheaper, better detail, better low light, also small and inconspicuous, comes with super-capacitor as standard and has Wi-Fi. It even talks to you and tells you when you have forgotten to put the memory card back in :) You might consider the shape to be not so good, but personally I prefer the shape, easier to squeeze into the space behind the mirror. You might also not like the amount of blockyness from compression, but that is a compromise of compressing more detail into less space for longer retention times. It is not so configurable.

so jokiin..

It all depends what you want to improve. As a dashcam the Mobius 1 is OK.

My SG9665GC is also very reliable. In addition it has a screen for easier lens alignment and changing settings, better night time video, GPS, optional CPL, better screen mount, ongoing firmware development, excellent customer service.........

At the end of the day using vlc player u can enhance Mobius 100% reliable over 4 years footage to a quality parallel of that of any modern unreliable throw away 2 years on dashcam !!!!

manufacturers have barely improved on things in 6 years !!!

Discuss as many dashcams as you like but the above remains a stark reality and it seems rather foolish to go with something unreliable and get caught out with out the evidence the whole

point of fitting a dashcam is about !!!

fit reliable, with quality that's to 2018 standard ... the Mobius trumps and is a very wise decision and I would not bother with anything else .........

Having won a very serious court case that would have gone very wrong with 6 sworn statements against me that only camera evidence proved they were a pack of lies....

I dred to think what would have happened had I not had something proving 100% reliable ..

you should too !!!

And think on because you are far more likely to receive damage to your car when parked up than ever there are the chances of an accident on the move, so make sure your cameras run when parked up !!!

Last edited:
What stands out for me on this thread's title, more than the camera's make or model, is "battery version".

Back