* be very wary if buying an 0805 from Amazon *

KevBro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0805
I ended up buying an 0805 from Amazon, but would advise all potential buyers to be VERY, VERY watchful when doing so.
They always advise the seller as being E-Prance (even though it is Amazon who take your money.)
In itself this does not sound that bad, but make SURE you buy from a page that says IN STOCK and you will be fine.

However, they use the same page when not in stock and if you take one it will take at least 3 weeks to arrive, and comes direct from E-Prance via Holland!
Even worse is the fact that they then insist you bought from E-Prance and in the event of a fault they deny you any resort to Amazons returns process - and you will have to ship it back to China at your own cost.

Amazons page does not make any of this clear at all - unlike the fully honest one that E-Prance advertise in the 'Marketplace' side of Amazon.
This has happened to me! - and I currently have a complaint being investigated by Trading Standards.
By the way, my new 0805 has a heat sink in it and is a superb camera, especially at less than £80.

You need to make sure it says "Fulfilled by Amazon" before purchasing, and refresh the page just before you press purchase because if they run out of stock then the page looses the "Fulfilled by Amazon" automatically and without warning! I doubt you will get anywhere with Trading Standards as they do actually say in the small print although it is far from obvious.

Alternatively, if you are in the UK then get it from someone UK based who understands the product, like Combi on Ebay who will give much better support than Amazon or EPrance. (Amazon is not a UK purchase even if it is "Fulfilled by Amazon" next day, and we know they don't pay any UK tax"!)

I have learned the hard way about Amazon's double standards,
and have even had them state that they are not the seller even though under British law they are, as they took my money (as my bank have confirmed.)
what I have found more galling is they way they brazenly insist that they are not in any way responsible!

as to 'fulfilled by Amazon' - had that been the case I would probably have been ok as you say, but here is the weird thing ...
my account actually now shows that this was so in my case, and this has only changed since I challenged them!
the original page (of which I have a screen shot) does not show 'fulfilled' and simply has 'dispatched in 4/5 days' in place of 'in stock'

they have failed to come up with any reason for this, and when challenged insisted I bought it from Marketplace!
all very sneaky if you ask me - as is shipping via Holland - which also looked very fishy to me.

I queried Customs and Excise over this, and they explained that:
a) the item would not incur import duty, but would be liable to VAT
b)Amazon were quite legal in shipping via Holland using EU trading laws and would only have to pay Dutch VAT, which is less than UK's

so the UK tax man gets stuffed once again by the global corporations!
ps: thanks for the tip on Combi - I always know where I stand on eBay - so bye bye Amazon

I ended up buying an 0805 from Amazon, but would advise all potential buyers to be VERY, VERY watchful when doing so.....

I was lucky in that I ordered an 0805 and 0803 from E-Prance, fulfilled by Amazon, with prime next day deliveries. The 0805 was terrible and I returned it, ordering an 0803 to replace it... and another 0805 was supplied - both from E-Prance.. So yes, I understand what you mean KevBro, and that's very poor that you're not offered the option of cancelling if it's not being fulfilled by Amazon. I do have to say that the service I've received from Amazon over the years has been outstanding, but I do make sure that Amazon are the seller or fulfiller.
My 0805 is also fantastic...

I've bought one - it said Eprance but the seller is called Tukzer!
I cannot view the recorded files - just wont playback. I'm not a computer whiz kid so havn't a clue? I just wish I had gone to Halfords and bought one there - at least I could take it back.
mini 805 - don't waste your money

I've bought one - it said Eprance but the seller is called Tukzer!
I cannot view the recorded files - just wont playback. I'm not a computer whiz kid so havn't a clue? I just wish I had gone to Halfords and bought one there - at least I could take it back.
mini 805 - don't waste your money
Hi,
Are the files visible with you connect the camera to your PC via the USB cable - it should open up as a "Removable Disk" and when you open it , there should be DCIM folder? What files are shown in there (or in the "100MEDIA" sub folder?).
Did you purchase through Amazon? If so, call Amazon Customer Service and tell them the item is faulty - they will liaise with the seller and get a resolution for you.

Alternatively, if you are in the UK then get it from someone UK based who understands the product, like Combi on Ebay who will give much better support than Amazon or EPrance.

hi Nigel,
sadly the only seller named 'combi' I can find on ebay UK or USA is a guy from Holland with no sales nor feedback.
have I got the wrong name?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot Nigel,
I actually searched ebay for members named combi (and close matches) but they did not come up with Combi-UK.
all's well that ends well and I have added Lee to my favourite sellers

Back