Beast BX929 dashcam?

s0lid

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
anyone tried it? i saw a review in youtube the quality is superb considering it's only $100. But it only has 1 review and tried to search it on the web but i get nothing.

Here's the link you the youtube review:

@s0lid

You might want to change title from "beAst" to "best" ? ;)

the name of the dashcam is the beast bx929 :D

I saw this video last week, and just out of curiousity went to check his eBay site. He'd sold a bunch of these cams within a couple days (can't remember how much exactly) and he continues to do brisk business seemingly averaging 5+ per day.

the name of the dashcam is the beast bx929 :D
Yeah, from its size I would not say it's so "beAst" at all. I wonder why manufacturer chose this name for normal size dashcam ? Anyway, most important is long term performance.

They have the same chipset i think but the BX929 claims that it has better features with other dashcam and this has just been released recently compared to other Ambarella A7

it's the standard features for the model, nothing special, it sells under a bunch of different names, B200 is the factory model number

They have the same chipset i think but the BX929 claims that it has better features with other dashcam and this has just been released recently compared to other Ambarella A7
The Beast has the A7LA50 chipset and the G90C has the A7LA70 chipset. I didn't see any special features that other dash cams don't have. Most people just disable those Lane Departure Warning systems. They aren't that accurate or reliable, just annoying.

The Beast has the A7LA50 chipset and the G90C has the A7LA70 chipset. I didn't see any special features that other dash cams don't have. Most people just disable those Lane Departure Warning systems. They aren't that accurate or reliable, just annoying.
I just viewed the footage and all I can say is WOWWW I was totally impressed with the clear playback. From what I see it really puts most other DVR's in a category below this one. (providing from what I viewed is legit and not doctored up) Anyone know where I can buy it? Did not see it on Amazon.com Only one thing I don't like about it is that the lens is high up making what ever is below the lens visible making this DVR not so stealth. The wedge design is still the best. Hmmm what to do what to do.

Last edited:
I just viewed the footage and all I can say is WOWWW I was totally impressed with the clear playback. From what I see it really puts most other DVR's in a category below this one. (providing from what I viewed is legit and not doctored up) Anyone know where I can buy it? Did not see it on Amazon.com Only one thing I don't like about it is that the lens is high up making what ever is below the lens visible making this DVR not so stealth. The wedge design is still the best. Hmmm what to do what to do.
Awwww just searched for the specs and what I found is that it has a battery not a capacitor. Forget it no way I will buy again a DVR with a battery that dies In a Year.

Awwww just searched for the specs and what I found is that it has a battery not a capacitor. Forget it no way I will buy again a DVR with a battery that dies In a Year.

It is not always rule that in 1y battery will die. It may last few years and may die after few month. But yeah, supercaps ( capacitor ) based dashcams are more safer choice.

It is not always rule that in 1y battery will die. It may last few years and may die after few month. But yeah, supercaps ( capacitor ) based dashcams are more safer choice.
Also one year warranty ends and then its hard to get battery replaced as most dealers will not repair, and in most cases will not change the battery. That's why it is a good idea to buy an inexpensive dash cam for $100 or under. It doesn't hurt so much if you have to toss it in a year. If you spend more I don't think that's a good decision. And who knows you may get lucky with cam that keeps on ticking after warranty. I had a Dod ls360 before and battery died. the dealer which is a rare exception did repairs and battery replacements but.... if I added the del charges and cost of new battery it was $125. I just threw it away cus it cost me $149 on sale at Staples... PS I did not like the ls360. Because of that I now will only purchase a DVR that's $100 or less.

Last edited:
Also one year warranty ends and then its hard to get battery replaced as most dealers will not repair, and in most cases will not change the battery. That's why it is a good idea to buy an inexpensive dash cam for $100 or under. It doesn't hurt so much if you have to toss it in a year. If you spend more I don't think that's a good decision. And who knows you may get lucky with cam that keeps on ticking after warranty. I had a Dod ls360 before and battery died. the dealer which is a rare exception did repairs and battery replacements but.... if I added the del charges and cost of new battery it was $125. I just threw it away cus it cost me $149 on sale at Staples... PS I did not like the ls360. Because of that I now will only purchase a DVR that's $100 or less.
Most batteries are not that difficult to change and are usually dirt cheap. If you can solder, you can do it. Finding the right battery is probably the hardest part. Search forums like this and you'll often find someone who has already done it and posted about it.
Why did you not like the LS360W (other than the battery issue)?

anyone tried it? i saw a review in youtube the quality is superb considering it's only $100. But it only has 1 review and tried to search it on the web but i get nothing.

Here's the link you the youtube review:
Sorry, but that's no review. It's a commercial presentation. Plain and simple.

Most batteries are not that difficult to change and are usually dirt cheap. If you can solder, you can do it. Finding the right battery is probably the hardest part. Search forums like this and you'll often find someone who has already done it and posted about it.
Why did you not like the LS360W (other than the battery issue)?
To answer your question... there were a few things I did not like about the Dod ls360 the first few months it worked ok then The unit would turn on, and the indicator light flashed blue and pink, indicating the unit was recording and charging, but the screen remained black But it was recording as I verified with a playback. The camera if left for a few hours in a hot car would not start until the air conditioning cooled off the car. The unit was very visible from outside as it stood out like a sore thumb. Thankful for thieves with bad eyesight. The worse thing that really ticked me off was that if I wanted to remove the cam from the smaller adhesive mount was almost impossible. It just would not slide off the mount. Did not matter how strong I was. This definitely was a bad designed mount that had a problem to get it off the mount. To sum it up I had this nightmare of a cam for 14 months. Has it exchanged under warranty 2 times. Seemed that the dark screen problem was ok now after replacement. but still was difficult to get it off mount. Happy I was finally rid of it

Last edited:
Yeah, sounds like you got a bad unit. I actually like the mount. I use the LS460W and find the mount easy to use.

it's the standard features for the model, nothing special, it sells under a bunch of different names, B200 is the factory model number

Thanks for that i was looking for the generic name for this product.

Google 'B200 dashcam' or 'B200 1296p' and you'll find it under a bunch of names, I've seen it before but don't remember which factory does this one, it's one of the smaller ones from memory

Back