Beating on the trucks

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
My friend and i was out walking the small trucks again today, it was a nice long drive/walk costing around 5000 MAH for 3 houres of fun ( dident drive all the time as we are both pretty weak so we have to sit down once in a while )

Only break was 1 of 3 3mm bolts holding on my rear bumper/spare tire carrier, and we beat pretty hard on them today, i even submarined my toyota with just a little bit of my wheels over water ( see video )

Photos Nikon D5200 / video gopro3 silver

TF2m1.jpg

TF2M2.jpg

TF2M3.jpg

TF2M4.jpg

TF2M6.jpg

My friend and i was out walking the small trucks again today,

It is funny to see how our life "evolution" changes. In 20-30y time if you say " I was out walking the small dog " - people will laugh at you.

We do call the little trucks our E- dogs :D

We was running my friende prototype build yesterday, the final build will have a trailer the same size as the truck, and its supposed to carry a lot of stuff for our long trips with the RC toys.
For starter it will carry a small truck like my blue toyota + the controller for that - 10 spare batteries, and the trailer will host a cooler with cold soft drinks and meat in it and a small charcoal grill for BBQing when wh get to a good spot to take a longer break.

Please remember this just a maiden run of a not yet complete build.

Last edited:
I likes how you got up close and under the body and right in with the axles, how did you keep the electics waterproof?

Well in this size truck thats not a problem the reciver and speed controllers is on the back wall of the cab just under the roof.

For small ones like my 1:10 toyota you will have to get dedecated waterproof speed controllers and have the reciver inside 2 baloons which is then sealed with sillicon where the wires come out ( reciver dont generate any heat so you can do that )
You can allso DIY waterfroof a regular speed controller with stuff like liquid tape . plastidip and other stuff, just need to keep heat-sink clear of it as speed controllers do generate some heat, and in the end it do fail :oops: i have drowned a fjew DIY waterproofed speed controllers within the past 4-5 years.
My current factory waterproof speed controller seem to be bomb proof, its all cast inside lexane or some other clear hard plastic, been running that one for 2 seasons now.

The steering servos either have to be made waterproof, or now you can buy special waterproof servos, the motors how ever do wear down quick beeing driven in water and mud, so thay have to be overhauled pretty often and replaced after a couple of overhauls.
In 4-5 years i have only drowned 1 steering servo, and its DIY waterproof ones i have for steering, in my toyota i allso have a small servo to change gear but thats a factory waterproof one.

But it should be mentioned both my friend and i are not good at maintaining our rigs the most optimal way, for the most our cleanings of the cars = a trip thru a river :rolleyes:
If we was better to look after our motors not least they might last longer for us :oops:

The little trucks are once in a while driven in so deep water its more a wheeled submarine than a car :D and offcourse we only get really wet in fresh water.

The camera is a gopro 3 silver on a wooden stick. :D

Back