Beep and voice notification volume

ogzogz

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I would have preferred the beep sound and voice notification volume to be changeable.

With the latest A119 mini update, the volume has increased and the speaker gives notification with maximum performance.

If it is possible to select low-mid and high volume in the menu, drivers of a very noisy vehicle can choose the high option, while drivers with well-insulated or even electric vehicles can choose the low or medium option.

do this because low is fine for me as it is quiet where I live and you can hear the sound almost to the outside of the car.

(I think this suggestion also applies to other cameras with voice notification and may satisfy users)

Even if i dont have any problems in this regard, and i drive a cheap little noisy car even if its just 1000 CCM and 65 HP, cuz there are no money wasted on noise suppression in my little car.
Then i would not mind seeing something like this in the menus.

For this i would gladly trade in the menu option to select bitrate if it was just fixed to the maximum, CUZ all dashcam owners should use the MAX bitrate and nothing less.

For this i would gladly trade in the menu option to select bitrate if it was just fixed to the maximum, CUZ all dashcam owners should use the MAX bitrate and nothing less.
"How many people, so many opinions".
You can not deprive a person of the right to choose.

Indeed, i am also very big on choice as i dont feel we Danes have much of that in our society, though it is also not back in the day eastern Germany levels, but it could be much better i feel. ( i say eastern Germany back in the day as it is after all the Germany i have visited most often )
But bitrate as long as it is optimal do not need choice, the reason the choice is there is if you want to have smaller files and save on your memory card, but i think if you want to be able to store more hours of video you should buy a bigger memory card.

I feel like it is sort of like if you had a choice in how the gears was arranged in the gearbox in your car,,,,,, you dont need that.

I feel like it is sort of like if you had a choice in how the gears was arranged in the gearbox in your car,,,,,, you dont need that.
You do not have to choose the location of the gears in the gearbox in your car, but you decide which gear to select.
Even on an automatic transmission, you have the option to shift manually.

I was more thinking about the layout of the gears in the gearbox, my current car ( Suzuki ) have the reverse gear beside the #4 gear / below #5 gear on the Right side, i have driven cars where the reverse gear have been in a different location to the left of the #1 gear on the left side of the other gears. ( mid 80ties Opel kadett E model )

And dont get me started on the funny Umbrella gear stick in a Citroen 2CV :)
Or the very long gear stick in my first car the 1967 Volvo 121, which was like 70 CM or so long coming out from down in the foot well
The amount of time i have driven a vehicle with a automatic transmission are 2-3 hours in +35 years, and most of that was actual in a rental truck from Hertz and then my friends Dodge ram charger i drove for like 10 minutes.
Okay maybe a bit more, in the 90ties i drove a lot of new cars, among those 500 - 600 series Mercedes and they had automatic too, and i assume you could downshift ASO in them too, but i of course drove those cars very respectful as it was not my car.
And still i almost put a brand new Daímler Double six sideways and into a sign on a snowy winter day,,,,, that was very scary even if it was at 10 - 15 kmh, also a automatic gear of course.

Anyway it would be silly if car makers gave you the choice as to where your reverse gear should be in relation to the other gears, it just is where it is and that work just fine.
And i think dashcam bitrate should just be as high as it need to be, and that should be fine too.
I alsm must say it is rare i have seen people in here using any lower bitrates, though it is of course not the most talked about thing. I always recommend to use the maximum setting.

Last edited:
+1 I believe we should really have this option. Currently I find it personally also too loud for my liking.

I also agree that the sound notification is too loud.

I see that in the last update of a229 sound notification and beep volume control have been added as low medium and high.

it will probably be added to other cameras in order.

Back