Beeping problem with camera while driving.

BurritoJoe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've encounter my first problem with this camera today. I was driving for 45 minutes after the camera started to go home when I hear a really quick beeping sound, which was then follow quickly by a 2 beep intermittent beep and it kept doing that afterward. I check the lcd and it seem it's stop recording. When could be the problem? I'm usings a new 128 GB Samsung SAMSUNG (MB-ME128GA/AM) sd card.

usually indicative of a memory card issue, test the card with h2testw as a starting point and see what the results look like

And do not focus too much on your card being new, sadly even with the best of brands thats not a given for smooth sailing.

Depending on where you bought the card, it could be a counterfeit. I had that happen to me buying from amazon. There are videos of what to look for in the packaging and labels.

Yeah I think it's the micro SD card. At least one of them. As soon as I replace the other one, the beeping stopped.

Try full formatting the card with the SD Card Formatter, that can significantly speed up even new cards, for some mysterious reason!
Although it may start beeping again once the card has filled up again and has started to loop.

Indeed. I just got a 256GB card a month or so ago, its speeds was far from what they was supposed to be, a pass with sdformatter and the speed was now within shot of the claimed speeds.

It is the first time i have seen this issue, one would assume a new card was bang on, but apparently not my new Adata Endurance card.

That 128GB Evo Select should be good enough. I got a DOA Sandisk card a few months back, first time for that. Do sdformatter then if it shows good run h2testw (full overwrite with both). If that's good an in-cam format should get things going smoothly again. If it doesn't then use CrystalDiskMark to verify the actual card speed.

Phil

Today my second micro SD card which is also a 128 GB Samsung SAMSUNG (MB-ME128GA/AM) did the same thing by bleeping. Here is what happen, I drove to work with 36 minutes of recording and nothing happens. Then when I drove back home it started bleeping and stop recording around 47 minute of straight recording. This happen with the other card I had and thought it was bad. What could be the problem? How do I use the h2testw program to card the micro sd? At this point I don't think it's the microsd card when both does the same thing at the approximately the same time. I just order the 128 GB pro Endurance. I won't know if it's the class of the mircosd card that causing the problem until the get the new microsd card.

Today my second micro SD card which is also a 128 GB Samsung SAMSUNG (MB-ME128GA/AM) did the same thing by bleeping. Here is what happen, I drove to work with 36 minutes of recording and nothing happens. Then when I drove back home it started bleeping and stop recording around 47 minute of straight recording. This happen with the other card I had and thought it was bad. What could be the problem? How do I use the h2testw program to card the micro sd? At this point I don't think it's the microsd card when both does the same thing at the approximately the same time. I just order the 128 GB pro Endurance. I won't know if it's the class of the mircosd card that causing the problem until the get the new microsd card.
Are you formatting the card in the camera?

Are you formatting the card in the camera?
Yeah I did it for both of them. I did format it once using my computer but the dash cam give me a beep as soon as it started. As for the current problem I'm having, when it started beeping after 45 minutes of driving back home from work, I switched the other card and the beeping stopped, but that card too had the same problem after 45 minutes during another day. I don't oftern drive to work these days because of the pandemic, that's why I haven't notice the problem for weeks and it's only when I'm driving for 45 minitures that this happen. I just got my Endurance sd card and hopefully there's no problem with that one.

Yeah I did it for both of them. I did format it once using my computer but the dash cam give me a beep as soon as it started. As for the current problem I'm having, when it started beeping after 45 minutes of driving back home from work, I switched the other card and the beeping stopped, but that card too had the same problem after 45 minutes during another day. I don't oftern drive to work these days because of the pandemic, that's why I haven't notice the problem for weeks and it's only when I'm driving for 45 minitures that this happen. I just got my Endurance sd card and hopefully there's no problem with that one.
My guess is that your old SD cards were getting too hot after being written to for extended periods of time. Please let us know if the Endurance card works better for you.

My guess is that your old SD cards were getting too hot after being written to for extended periods of time. Please let us know if the Endurance card works better for you.
Looks like the Endurance solve the problem. I did not experience any beeps at 45 minutes. I think your guess is right. Most likely overheated from writing too long.

Back