Beeping sequence when parked

K-A

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian SG9663DCPRO
I've noticed this problem since the firmware update to 1.10 on my SG9663DCPRO, that when I park the car and wait maybe 5 seconds, the dashcam makes this double beep sound for a varying length of time. I checked the settings and beep is turned off. The manual suggests the device beeps if there is a memory card error, but wouldn't that be more likely to happen when it is turned on?

What brand memory card do you have? We've had trouble with some Transcend cards that cause beeping in all different conditions parked and driving.

Continuous nonstop or intermittent Beeping means card error or rear camera communication issue.

Last edited:
It is the SanDisk one that came with the unit. To my knnowledge I have not done anything improper to it.

Any card can be corrupted, go ahead and use SD Formatter (select the "overwrite" box) so it resets back to factory defaults. If it completes without errors, insert it back into the dashcam, format in-cam, and test again.
This would be the best first phase of troubleshooting.

I've noticed this problem since the firmware update to 1.10 on my SG9663DCPRO, that when I park the car and wait maybe 5 seconds, the dashcam makes this double beep sound for a varying length of time. I checked the settings and beep is turned off. The manual suggests the device beeps if there is a memory card error, but wouldn't that be more likely to happen when it is turned on?

when it changes mode it should always double beep

Ah, that's a good point. I read it as being continuous beeping. A beep changing over to parking mode is normal. Non Stop Constant beeping is not normal.

Any chance that beeping will be made optional?

I think its nice to have the audio notification, more easy / convenient than a visual notification on the LCD that can be hard to see depending on lighting conditions and placement of camera in relation to other stuff like mirror.
And its just a bip bip, not a melody, so in a modern car it will probably drown in all the noise they can do during start / stop of the vehicle.

I am signing up for a free eye exam now, my eyes are not getting better,,,, not at all.

This was a continuous double beep. After removing some recorded files from the card and using it today, I noticed it was quite quiet. I'll take it.

I was moving some I wanted to save onto more permanent storage and deleted others that were useless to me. Is it possible that removing and reinserting the card addressed a bad contact?

yeah i done that mistake too, you want to copy filed off the memory card not move files, somehow it create a mess for the camera it have problems solving, and really thats strange as its only tasks are.
1: record when powered up
2: when memory card full delete oldest file / files to make room for new ones.

So to me always been strange the camera cant handle a gap in recordings made by moving a file.

If you use copy just throw the memory card back in the camera and it is ready to go in the system of things, i am at a place now where i might take a little longer than i want to do the occasional in camera format due to the problem free running's of my cameras.

yeah i done that mistake too, you want to copy filed off the memory card not move files, somehow it create a mess for the camera it have problems solving, and really thats strange as its only tasks are.
1: record when powered up
2: when memory card full delete oldest file / files to make room for new ones.

So to me always been strange the camera cant handle a gap in recordings made by moving a file.
yeah that's a good point, I should reword that, copy files off, don't delete them, still need to format the card when it goes back in the camera

I think it is just the parking mode alert, which is unwanted when I stay in the car after parking it, but not a breaking bug. It does occasionally beep once while driving, but again it is a minor matter.

I think it is just the parking mode alert, which is unwanted when I stay in the car after parking it, but not a breaking bug. It does occasionally beep once while driving, but again it is a minor matter.
random beeps while driving are indicative of a memory card problem, best to check it for errors and reformat when you get a chance

Back