Beeping when connecting rear camera?

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anytime I connect the rear camera, the camera will start double beeping every other second.
If I don't connect the rear camera, no issue.

What can I do?

Cable could be a pinched or bad mini usb plug connection. Test with the spare unused rear cable to gather more info.

Do you guys have a slightly longer one than the longest one one you include in the box? It's about a foot too short for my car, and it looks like it doesn't want to play nice with a 1 foot extension (your connector is not USB spec - too oversize)

Also, are you using standard USB pins or have a special pinout in the connector? I can create my own connector.

Do you guys have a slightly longer one than the longest one one you include in the box? It's about a foot too short for my car, and it looks like it doesn't want to play nice with a 1 foot extension (your connector is not USB spec - too oversize)

Also, are you using standard USB pins or have a special pinout in the connector? I can create my own connector.

It’s not a standard usb able so can’t be extended and you can’t use a standard cable.

Search Amazon for

“Street Guardian SG9663DC 6.5 Meter Rear Camera Cable”.

That’s 0.5 (3ft) longer than the included 6m one.

Test with the unused 3.5m cable to make sure everything else is working. (Just as a test)

The 3.5mm cable works.
Where can I get some extra rear camera pads?

The 3.5mm cable works.
Where can I get some extra rear camera pads?

Ok good, you might have stressed the 6m cable if was too tight and was pulled or stretched too hard. The 6.5 meter cable is the way to go.

We only sell the complete rear mount currently (Search Amazon for B07C1QX6SP) We're looking to get some spare 3M VHB stickers in stock in the near future. Since it sounds like you're buying the optional longer cable, and you had a problem with the 6m cable I'll send a spare pad for the rear mount no problem. Send me a private message with your details.

It had one spare for the rear and two for the GPS.
PM sent.

Back