Before I buy a DR900S-2CH

Johnnyboi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey all, I am considering purchasing the above mentioned setup but before I do I thought I would ask about the Android app.
When I check the Google Play Store the app has a rating of 3.3 and although there are a couple that give it 5 stars and love it, it seems like almost 90% hate it and are constantly having connection issues.

If I spend that kind of money I agree with those who are having that issue that for that money they shouldn't.

Anyone else really P.O. at Blackvue for their Android software app?
Thanks for your input.

I use the BlacVue App and have had no problems with it at all. Mind you, I don't use it on a constant basis, but when in use, no issues.

I have it installed on my Note 8 and runs like a champ. Be warned playing video playback on the phone it will stttttuuuuttttteeeerrr (lol) When I played it straight to my PC, It may ask you to download an HEVC codec, go and DL it and smooth sailing from there in 4k viewing/1080p Rear. What connection issues are there in the comments in the app store. I didnt bother looking at the comments cause there will always a hit n miss for everyone using the app.

A lot more misses then hits if you read them a lot are really upset with Blackvue, at least with the Android version, so much so, that it's making me think twice hence the reason I figured I better ask before shelling out the dough :)

... Be warned playing video playback on the phone it will stttttuuuuttttteeeerrr (lol) ...
There is an option to view native resolution or substream of a footage, for less powerfull devices.

Btw: I returned my unit after a year of use. Three RMAs, if i remember correctly, everything related to heat.

The Android version worked well on my Samsung Tablet.. Not at all on my new iPad.. Seems Apple has added some code (on insisting access be granted) that Blackvue has not yet been able to figure out. The App will not connect, there are fixes described for phones.. but so far none work on my iPad.

Can I ask Nath, which brand and model you switched to?
I got A129-Pro sample from Viofo while i had DR900s to compare them so now i’m using it.

Overall, i like the A129-Pro but it has some issues as well (it's still early bird though...). It just doesn't hurt your wallet as much as the DR900S. :D And i'm saying it as a person who actually doesn't care how much will pay for dashcam but that doesn't mean i'm not aware of value of the money...

I've have no problems using it on my Android phone... after I realized I had to turn off the VPN before accessing the camera.

Back