Before I formally introduce 6 Hikvision 1600P Dashcams, Please check out demo videos below

It's very true. Took GM a while to figure out why the Chevy Nova didn't sell particularly well in Spanish speaking countries. o_O

Except that is a falsity with no truth what so ever....Just a Negative Stereotype of Latin America and Spanish. As Nova has absolutely no meaning in Spanish what so ever. It would be No Va.

Hikvision Dashcams have that function to recognize the speed limit,
But I have to admit it does not work flawlessly currently.
it misses some signs, it reads other signs with numbers.
it works better on Highways

Hikvision G4 dashcam supports LPR or ANPR. I will see how well its recognition rate is and if it can give you live warning alerts.

Ricky

I think 99% of Dashcam owners worry more about reliability of the product than ADAs. These features are often gimmicky and unreliable. So if you had to choose where development money gets spent, making a dashcam with a solid image and reliability should trump spending funds on the ADAs.

Except that is a falsity with no truth what so ever....Just a Negative Stereotype of Latin America and Spanish. As Nova has absolutely no meaning in Spanish what so ever. It would be No Va.

You're over 3 weeks late to the party. The 'Snopes' version of that article was already cited just 2 posts down from from the one you quoted and my reply to that in the following post. Try reading the entire thread before 'cherry picking' specific posts to criticize just so you can have the last word in an attempt to sound informed.

You're over 3 weeks late to the party. The 'Snopes' version of that article was already cited just 2 posts down from from the one you quoted and my reply to that in the following post. Try reading the entire thread before 'cherry picking' specific posts to criticize just so you can have the last word in an attempt to sound informed.

Still doesn't diminish you're repeating a stereotypical and racist falsehood to make a point. A bad one at that. There's something called editing a reply when you know it's been proven false.

Crabbing for attention? :unsure:
just have to find something to revolt on and make noise. Good grief! o_O

Crabbing for attention? :unsure:
just have to find something to revolt on and make noise. Good grief! o_O

Not going to derail this topic. Don't need attention, but @DT MI is perpetuating negative stereotypes for a sad attempt "humor" which comes off as lacking tact.

I won't respond to about his comment further. Point has been made and he should edit that post.

Last edited:
Hey @RickyC do you have a hikvision dashcam player for Mac OSX?
@DrekiTech Nice to see you again.
We are still working on this Mac version player. I will confirm again to see its current status.

a side note here, we have seen more and more eMMC are built-in into cameras to increase reliability and lower the cost of storage.
We may soon see more dashcams come only with 256GB or even 256GB eMMC with 3000-5000 cycle times.
As you cannot take eMMC out and insert into a laptop to do playback, will that become a problem to your guys?

Ricky

eMMC has been more or less an ancillary backup strategy for dash cams where the primary user memory is a portable and replaceable memory card. This has many advantages, not the least of which is the ability to quickly remove the memory card from the camera without having to remove it from the vehicle or transfer files.

Imagine being in car accident and needing to quickly retrieve evidence or preserve evidence for security reasons.

...As you cannot take eMMC out and insert into a laptop to do playback, will that become a problem to your guys?
For me that would be a major reason NOT to purchase the camera. As it relates to my usage, I don't see any advantage from an end user perspective compared to removable media.

eMMC has been more or less an ancillary backup strategy for dash cams where the primary user memory is a portable and replaceable memory card. This has many advantages, not the least of which is the ability to quickly remove the memory card from the camera without having to remove it from the vehicle or transfer files.

Imagine being in car accident and needing to quickly retrieve evidence or preserve evidence for security reasons.
That really makes sense! @Dashmellow

I like the idea of eMMC being used as a backup to the microSD card, but not in place of it. Parallel loop recording to both media would provide useful redundancy in the event of card failure.

@DrekiTech Nice to see you again.
We are still working on this Mac version player. I will confirm again to see its current status.

a side note here, we have seen more and more eMMC are built-in into cameras to increase reliability and lower the cost of storage.
We may soon see more dashcams come only with 256GB or even 256GB eMMC with 3000-5000 cycle times.
As you cannot take eMMC out and insert into a laptop to do playback, will that become a problem to your guys?

Ricky
I wouldn't mind loosing SD card if the camera could connect to WiFi and dump the files (automatically)

I assume a eMMC based camera you could just plug into a computer and it would act like a mass storage devise, and though i have seen dashcams go flying in really violent events, then it is still pretty rare i think.

Still not convinced by eMMC, but i would like other larger forms of storage NVME drive or SATA, this i assume could also provide the often requested feature of footage getting encrypted.
Maybe have a NFC tag to be the camera unlocking devise as i would assume with encrypted storage, you first need to open that up before writing to the storage can be done.

dump the files (automatically)
That + intelligent dumping / backup routine so you only have to move new data and not the entire storage every time.
Same also go if you used say a USB thumb drive as offload target / data transfer device. I would not mind ending drives where i have gotten something to share, with waiting a few minutes until the data are transferred to a USB thumb drive.
Maybe just have a option to only dump / backup event files as part of the intelligent dump / backup routine.

Reliability of eMMC will be much higher than that of a regular Micro SD Cards. The cost per GB will be lower than a card with the same P/E cycle time.
It will become a very popular storage solution for CCTV products including IP cameras and Recorders in this year.

However, What @Dashmellow said about how to quickly retrieve recording from a damaged Dashcam, or in the situation we don't have time to do the backup, or even no power to boot the dashcam up, etc, are really something I would like to find out the solution.

Ricky

For me that would be a major reason NOT to purchase the camera. As it relates to my usage, I don't see any advantage from an end user perspective compared to removable media.
@DT MI Let me make this clear, the 64GB eMMC storage is just an ancillary storage. You still can use removable MicroSD cards up to 256GB for recordings on all of those Dashcams with built-in eMMC.

Ricky

Reliability of eMMC will be much higher than that of a regular Micro SD Cards. The cost per GB will be lower than a card with the same P/E cycle time.
It will become a very popular storage solution for CCTV products including IP cameras and Recorders in this year.

However, What @Dashmellow said about how to quickly retrieve recording from a damaged Dashcam, or in the situation we don't have time to do the backup, or even no power to boot the dashcam up, etc, are really something I would like to find out the solution.

Ricky

Actually, I was really talking more about the possible need to quickly retrieve recordings from a damaged car that might otherwise be about to get towed away after an accident, but certainly the same would apply if your camera were damaged or any other related extenuating circumstances. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of the camera being damaged in an accident.

Last edited:
@DT MI Let me make this clear, the 64GB eMMC storage is just an ancillary storage. You still can use removable MicroSD cards up to 256GB for recordings on all of those Dashcams with built-in eMMC.

Ricky
That makes a huge difference. I can certainly see some benefit in that scenario, specifically (but not solely) as a fallback in the event of card failure which would hopefully be accompanied by some notification of the failure.

Hey @RickyC do you have a hikvision dashcam player for Mac OSX?
@DrekiTech Update: The Mac OSX version of Hikvision Dashcam player is ready. I will provide the link to you if you need.
I will add the download link to Hikvision Canada website later.

Ricky

Back