Best 256gb sd card for A129 duo?

Again, it worked for you. And that's awesome. It really is.

But again, you're ignoring even WHAT THE MANUFACTURER SAYS. Why would SanDisk specifically exclude usage in a dashcam from their warranty coverage if they saw no issue with it? Are you telling us that you know better than they do?

As for playing devil's advocate with my posts, that's not a shock, because you argue with pretty much everyone who posts on here. You're constantly having contentious exchanges with everyone. Is everyone else wrong all the time? Take a breather man, you'll feel better.

Fake news. Manufacturers can state what they want. I can sell a product and state it's the #1 product among X users. Or X product is better than X. It's called MARKETING. But apparently, this falls short of your comprehension.

Marketing and Claims do not make them facts.

I want a peer reviewed paper that clearly Demonstrates that Sandisk's High Endurance Card is superior in to the Sandisk A2 Extreme in longevity, and performance. Because you're offering GASP "An Opinion" based on Manufacturer's Marketing Claims.

Warranty terms are very different than marketing materials. Warranty terms are outlining their responsibilities as the manufacturer of a device, as it pertains to the use of one of their products. It outlines what they guarantee, and what they will not if it is outside of the use case they intend for the product.

You're free to use the card. Literally no one is trying to stop you. No one is telling anyone they can't buy the same card. The only thing that is happening is that people with no vested financial interest in someone's choice are giving recommendations based on pertinent specifications so that they can make an informed decision. We are not presenting personal experience as fact, not assuming that everyone has had, or will have, the same experience. You are the only one arguing against that.

If you're always arguing with everyone around you, and everyone else always seems wrong, it might be time to determine if a. You're always right and everyone else is an idiot to not recognize your superior intellect (unlikely) or b. Admit that it's possible that you might be wrong about some things. There's nothing wrong with being wrong about something. It means you're human.

Warranty terms are very different than marketing materials. Warranty terms are outlining their responsibilities as the manufacturer of a device, as it pertains to the use of one of their products. It outlines what they guarantee, and what they will not if it is outside of the use case they intend for the product.

Who the heck argued warranty terms? Now you're proving MY POINT by Pulling for straws. Sandisk MARKETS the High Endurance for "Dash Cams". So what? I can market any item I want with fancy printed text and claims. Manufacturers do it ALL THE TIME.

If a Sandisk A2 Extreme or Sandisk High Endurance fail due to manufacturer defect within X warranty, and by no provable fault of the user, it's covered. What's your point? You have none.

You're free to use the card. Literally no one is trying to stop you. No one is telling anyone they can't buy the same card. The only thing that is happening is that people with no vested financial interest in someone's choice are giving recommendations based on pertinent specifications so that they can make an informed decision. You are the only one arguing against that.

O thank you great @Andy McKay for giving me permission to use the card. I didn't realize I needed your approval?

The thread ASKED for cards that could be used. I offered a suggestion ON A CARD I'VE USED IN 2X VIOFO A120 duos without issue. Never once FORCING OP to buy the card or holding a gun to his head. A mere suggestion alongside others.

If you're always arguing with everyone around you, and everyone else always seems wrong, it might be time to determine if a. You're always right and everyone else is an idiot to not recognize your superior intellect (unlikely) or b. Admit that it's possible that you might be wrong about some things. There's nothing wrong with being wrong about something. It means you're human.

Look up the word HUBRIS and it'll have @Andy McKay listed. You are the only one who took a suggestion as being a DEMAND. I asked @Mtz to justify his stance BEYOND manufacturer claims. Because the A2 Extreme allows for faster read / write. His response was the Manufacturer claims the card is High Endurance and built for Dash Cameras.

Hmm, Hyudai is now claiming Smart Park for the car parking itself... Except Google the term Smart Park and it requires the owner to hit Forward and Reverse on their Key Fob. Where the car stops going forward or backwards if it senses an object.

Marketing isn't always transparent.

Peace, my friend. I hope you find it some day.

Fantastic. We're done here. I made a suggestion. Op can like it, hate it, ignore it. End of story.

FYI: No one offer input. It's anecdotal. So if your SD card Works or Camera Works, these results are exclusive to the individual. Unless we all compare notes, our wiring setup, sd cards and there are 100s of confirmed cases, what we suggest is just that - conjecture.

Have great day.

Sooooo....which card is working the best for all you fellas???
Some people like the SanDisk Extremes, others recommend the High Endurance cards.

The best info you can have is that a dashcam can hammer a card on the read/write cycle side of the equation, and the write speed (especially burst speeds) less so.

So, finding a card that is more suited for continuous read/write operations is likely better in the long term, but you're mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Again, it worked for you. And that's awesome. It really is.

But again, you're ignoring even WHAT THE MANUFACTURER SAYS. Why would SanDisk specifically exclude usage in a dashcam from their warranty coverage if they saw no issue with it? Are you telling us that you know better than they do?

You are right about warranty.....: https://shop.westerndigital.com/warranty

Except it is irrelevant in the scheme of things:

1. https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22478/~/product-warranty-table

A. SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring microSDHC/microSDXC Card - 2 Year Warranty

B: SanDisk Extreme microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I Card - Lifetime / 30 Year warranty

- I can say with near certainty that Sandisk isn't going expel the effort or undertake the cost of a forensic analysis on an SD card that fails. So as long as the user doesn't honestly say "I used in a Dash Cam / Security Cam / etc", Sandisk will never know.

- The likelihood MOST PEOPLE going to be utilizing the same memory card for 30 years / Lifetime is next to zero. People upgrade technology on a semi frequent basis. Technology 5 or 10 years ago is definitely "outdated". Yes, there are people who hang onto items and continue to use the item longterm. But storage capacity and technology changes rapidly. I'd be shocked to see more than a handful of people here still utilizing the same Dash Camera and Memory card setup five years from now.

We got our A129 Duo in Oct 2019 and I got a 256GB Samsung EVO Select.

Was debating on getting the 128GB Samsung Endurance, but I couldn't honestly justify the price increase, and wanted the extra storage.

Guess we'll see if the card decides to die down the road within the warranty period whether or not they'll cover it.

- I can say with near certainty that Sandisk isn't going expel the effort or undertake the cost of a forensic analysis on an SD card that fails. So as long as the user doesn't honestly say "I used in a Dash Cam / Security Cam / etc", Sandisk will never know.
While your probably correct that if a card was returned due to complete failure, SanDisk would probably not investigate the issue too thoroughly. However, the issue with some SanDisk cards is that they flip into read only mode. All the info on the card is readable, but cannot be deleted. All SanDisk would have to do is plug the card in and see all the dash camera videos.

Near certainty? Nonsense!

SanDisk will require you to state for the record what sort of device you used the card in in order to receive an RMA number, so you would need to lie to them. RMA approval takes 24-48 hours. At that point you will be required to return the card. Once they receive your card they will run a diagnostic. If they find evidence of looped video they will reject your claim. This is why the return process takes as much as three weeks.

SanDisk is not in the business of handing out free replacement products to people who misuse them. The reason they changed the terms of their warranty was specifically because of a spike in returns due to memory cards being used in IP cameras and dash cams, which was a newer use for their cards. Previously, their memory cards were primarily used in still cameras, smaller camcorders and memory expansion in mobile devices.

While your probably correct that if a card was returned due to complete failure, SanDisk would probably not investigate the issue too thoroughly. However, the issue with some SanDisk cards is that they flip into read only mode. All the info on the card is readable, but cannot be deleted. All SanDisk would have to do is plug the card in and see all the dash camera videos.

Correct. I do have a Sandisk Thumb Drive that went into read only mode (GRR!). However, the chances Sandisk checks RMA'ed cards is probably slim. And the warranty on the High Endurance is only 2 years. I'd say the likelihood of failure of the A2 Extreme or High Endurance within 2 years is slight. So even if both die at 2 years of age, the end user wouldn't be in any worse position.

Correct. I do have a Sandisk Thumb Drive that went into read only mode (GRR!). However, the chances Sandisk checks RMA'ed cards is probably slim. And the warranty on the High Endurance is only 2 years. I'd say the likelihood of failure of the A2 Extreme or High Endurance within 2 years is slight. So even if both die at 2 years of age, the end user wouldn't be in any worse position.

For all of your self righteous bluster you miss the point, as usual.

It may well be that your SanDisk Extreme memory card will function for a very long time. Good for you if that happens. But the reason it is unwise to use an unapproved, mis-purposed card such as the Extreme in your dash cam is that it can unexpectedly flip into read only mode at any moment! It could happen a year from now or it could happen tomorrow.

Dash cams are mission critical devices. Those of us who have been using dash cams for many years know first hand what a disaster it can be to experience a driving incident only to discover after the fact that for one reason or another the camera failed to capture the footage. You'll find many posts of this nature on the forum.

So, Honest Review, you are perfectly entitled to use any memory card product you wish but those of us who know better want (and advise) the most absolutely reliable memory products available regardless of how long a lifespan it may or may not have. For our purposes, lifespan of the product is only one part of the equation.

I've been around dash cams for a long time now. When I first got interested in dash cams you could not even purchase one anywhere in the US; one had to order one direct from China. In the early days most dash cams worked ok with most memory cards but dash cams have come a long way in the ten years since I first purchased one. They now use much more powerful and sophisticated DSPs, they run at much higher bit rates and many now record two channels simultaneously. As a result they are far more demanding of memory cards than they've ever previously been. For this reason, you don't want to screw around with a memory product that risks sudden premature failure when you least expect it.

Honest Review, aside from your chronically belligerent attitude towards anyone who expresses an opinion that differs from yours, you do a disservice to everyone here in this thread by advising and insisting that your preferred card is the one to use because you are misinformed. While the SanDisk Extreme is a decent product for its designated purposes, for reliable dual channel dash cam use it simply is not!

Last edited:

Was debating on getting the 128GB Samsung Endurance, but I couldn't honestly justify the price increase, and wanted the extra storage.

Guess we'll see if the card decides to die down the road within the warranty period whether or not they'll cover it.

Go with one that has a decent warranty and meets your needs. Best advice anyone can offer.

So far the Samsung EVO Select series has been a good product as is the original Samsung EVO. I'm not aware of any reports of major problems. For the most part, it has been the SanDisk cards (but not exclusively) that have a propensity to fail unexpectedly when used in dash cams.

Still, it remains to be seen how well the Samsung EVO Select performs and endures long term when used in dual channel dash cams. Time will tell.

As for the warranty, like SanDisk, Samsung, does not cover their normal duty cards for use in dash cams or any other continuous recording device, so don't expect them to replace the card if it fails prematurely.

Samsung EVO Select Warranty Limitations
"Warranties provided herein do not extend to any use of the product for or with continuous recording instruments or any other write-intensive devices, including without limitation security cameras, surveillance systems, dashboard cameras, black box cameras, internet protocol/network cameras, continuous recording set top box devices, continuous data logging devices like servers, dedicated devices for benchmarking tests, or the primary drive for certain devices, and any other excessive use(s)."

Last edited:
Fake news. Manufacturers can state what they want.
SanDisk (and not only) are using different technologies when creating Extreme type and High Endurance type. The killers for a card are dashcams and surveillance systems.
The SanDisk Ultra was famous for the problems created to these type of cameras. SanDisk Ultra was the most hated card in the world. Many no-name chinese CCTV and dashcam manufacturers were shipping their products including a SanDisk Ultra card. They had a lot of problems because of this, many returns, money lost for that poor companies and sellers. Also SanDisk lose a lot of money because of warranty so they stated later in the warranty to not use Ultra cards on dashcams. Then Samsung and others observed that people want to use their cards on dashcams and also put the same restriction into the warranty. Good idea for them, but the sellers are still losing money because of stupid buyers and of stupid forum users which are giving bad advices.
Few years ago the CCTV systems were recording only on HDD and cards were not used. When IP cameras started to use a card, the manufacturers and sellers tried to use an known brand and also a cheap product so they found the SanDisk Ultra. I bought a $150 IP camera which came with an SanDisk Ultra card inside it for free. Of course I replaced that card because I knew it will create problems. But maybe 99% of the people not replaced the card and when they needed an important recording from the card they discovered the card was dead.

How valuable will become this forum if I will start to recommend SanDisk Ultra just because in my 2 dashcams this card is not creating problems? I just was lucky so I can recommend it?

I see Street Guardian is a very smart dashcam manufacturer because they are forcing the people to buy a SanDisk High Endurance card with their dashcams. So they are not creating a Street Guardian expensive card so people will accuse them trying to obtain profit from their own card, but are offering their dashcam only with a well known brand card. In this way they avoid the good advices from people like you which have under 1 year experience in dashcam usage. I hope their warranty will be covered only with the cards they are selling. In this way stupid people which pay $200 for a dashcam but $5 for a card will create problems to another dashcam manufacturers because they are idiots.

I read all comments from this thread and I see you are alone in your fight. Be careful because is a tiny line between fighting and trolling.

Back