Best 256gb sd card for A129 duo?

Just bought in Amazon, with the Viofo a129 dashcam. By the way the SD works fine in the computer

Lots of fakes and Chinese knock offs floating around Amazon. Guessing you got one...

Bad news. Just usted that software and the problem continúe. Thanks

As has been discussed at length here in this thread (and elsewhere on DCT) the Sandisk Extreme card is not designed for dash cam use nor is it warrantied by Sandisk if it fails when you use it in a dash cam. For some users the Extreme card may work fine, even for an extended period of time but for others is may fail on you unexpectedly at any moment and therein lies the problem. If you are unable to sort out the memory card problem you are currently experiencing then it would be advisable to purchase a memory card designed specifically for dash cams and surveillance cameras such as the Sandisk High Endurance or the Samsung PRO Endurance microSD.

Finaly , Amazon refund me the money, It was a fake Sd Card

Finaly , Amazon refund me the money, It was a fake Sd Card

Good to hear of the refund. With Amazon, buy from only the card manufacturer's official store or when "Fulfilled by Amazon". And always watch that Amazon doesn't change you to a different seller in the checkout process, which sometimes happens. This is the best way to be sure you're getting a genuine card from Amazon ;)

Phil

Bad news. Just usted that software and the problem continúe. Thanks

+1 Me. Amazon is riddled with fakes. I called it. I will only buy SD card from manufacturer or big box. Unless the seller on Amazon is the retailer itself. And even then fakes are getting mixed in with inventory according to people's reviews I've read in the past.

I've been purchasing memory cards from Amazon for a decade and have never received a counterfeit card. As long as you make certain to ONLY purchase directly from Amazon and the sales page specifically states "Ships from and Sold by Amazon.com" you are guaranteed to receive the real McCoy. Amazon has never shipped from an alternative supplier in my personal experience.

ships_from.jpg

Last edited:
+1 Me. Amazon is riddled with fakes. I called it. I will only buy SD card from manufacturer or big box. Unless the seller on Amazon is the retailer itself. And even then fakes are getting mixed in with inventory according to people's reviews I've read in the past.

If you look into the details of most of those who got fakes from Amazon, none came from the official manufacturer's stores where they have 100% inventory control, and none (or nearly none) have been "fulfilled by Amazon" where they too have 100% inventory control as they buy these directly from the manufacturer. The few instances where the latter may have happened were probably due to one of their employees grabbing a card from the wrong bin, or from the right bin being loaded from the wrong supplier. Such as this would be quickly caught and corrected, and at worst Amazon will refund or replace those immediately without argument.

Big-box retailers have had more issues like this than Amazon as their supply chain is more complex, and some of them buy from independent wholesalers, but they do manage to get it right most of the time. The usual problem lies with people shopping by low price and with Amazon sometimes switching you to a 'most popular' seller when you approach the buying process via a search for the specific card you want.

In 5 years of me following my own advice and purchasing about a dozen cards from two different manufacturers (some direct and some FBA) I've never gotten a fake.

Phil

This is the h2testw of a Samsung Evo Plus 256GB card:

Samsung Evo Plus 256GB card h2testw test.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

If you look into the details of most of those who got fakes from Amazon, none came from the official manufacturer's stores where they have 100% inventory control, and none (or nearly none) have been "fulfilled by Amazon" where they too have 100% inventory control as they buy these directly from the manufacturer. The few instances where the latter may have happened were probably due to one of their employees grabbing a card from the wrong bin, or from the right bin being loaded from the wrong supplier. Such as this would be quickly caught and corrected, and at worst Amazon will refund or replace those immediately without argument.

Big-box retailers have had more issues like this than Amazon as their supply chain is more complex, and some of them buy from independent wholesalers, but they do manage to get it right most of the time. The usual problem lies with people shopping by low price and with Amazon sometimes switching you to a 'most popular' seller when you approach the buying process via a search for the specific card you want.

In 5 years of me following my own advice and purchasing about a dozen cards from two different manufacturers (some direct and some FBA) I've never gotten a fake.

Phil

I agree. But people are often duped by 3rd party sellers. And there's been tons of articles about how China is selling fake children's toys, electronics, etc that mirror the product you intend to buy.

Never seen a Big Box selling fakes, but it could happen. I agree, either buy direct from manufacturers website or the manufacturer selling item on Amazon. 3rd parties are a recipe for problems.

any toughts about
ADATA High Endurance microSDXC 256GB UHS-I U3 Class 10

How do you guys feel about purchasing from Amazon Warehouse? From what I've heard, items coming from Amazon Warehouse is just the returned items that are deemed resellable at a discount. Just curious as the price difference is not much on a Sandisk High Endurance 256GB (~$5 as of this comment), but would an sdcard coming from Amazon Warehouse still be the real deal?

Last edited:
I purchase a lot of things from Amazon Warehouse. Memory cards would not be one of those things. They are usually returned items. It's way too easy for someone to pull a fast one on Amazon, buying a genuine card from them and returning a counterfeit.

And like you said, there's not enough of a discount to make it worth it.

Would you please elaborate on that?
The SanDisk Ultra cards, even the new A1 cards, continue to be troublesome in dash cameras. They will/can cause all sorts of issues. Best to simply avoid them.

Reactions: Mtz
Just buy Endurance type cards. Samsung Pro Endurance or Sandisk High endurance are the best advices.

All future advices in this forum for cards to be used in dashcams should be ONLY ENDURANCE cards. Or MLC type if not labeled as Endurance.

enjoy,
Mtz

Sandisk High Endurance
Sandisk A2 Extreme
Samsung Evo Select

Up to 256GB... All are perfectly acceptable options

From that list, only Sandisk High Endurance is recommended by the manufacturer to be used on dashcams.
If somebody want to buy non-endurance cards they are risking their money, so be careful what advices are you following.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back