Best 256gb sd card for A129 duo?

From that list, only Sandisk High Endurance is recommended by the manufacturer to be used on dashcams.
If somebody want to buy non-endurance cards they are risking their money, so be careful what advices are you following.

enjoy,
Mtz

I've used a Sandisk A2 Extreme 128GB & 256GB in the two A129 Duo's I own for 1.5 years and never had a single issue., failure, or corrupt video.

On the other hand, I had a Sandisk High Endurance Card go bad after 6 months of usage, develop unrepairable bad sectors, and need replaced by Sandisk's Warranty....

That said, the replacement High Endurance works fine.

Nowneed to chide or deride advice from others unless you have experience with the recommended product (Sandisk A2 Extremes).

I've used a Sandisk A2 Extreme 128GB & 256GB in the two A129 Duo's I own for 1.5 years and never had a single issue., failure, or corrupt video.

On the other hand, I had a Sandisk High Endurance Card go bad after 6 months of usage, develop unrepairable bad sectors, and need replaced by Sandisk's Warranty....

That said, the replacement High Endurance works fine.

Nowneed to chide or deride advice from others unless you have experience with the recommended product (Sandisk A2 Extremes).

I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings but you're wrong here. I read comments from both sides and your reasoning is flawed. Your experience is anecdotal. Your cards may work, but failure is based upon probability. Say the failure rate for your card is 30% in 5 years. But, the high endurance cards is 2% in 5 years. That means it's likely your cards would work fine, but that doesn't mean you should purchase them. Further, manufacturers will usually exaggerate the capabilities of their products. So, the fact that Sandisk won't warranty them for dashcams illustrate the higher probability of failure.

You need to learn to admit when you're wrong. It's not the end of the world.

I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings but you're wrong here. I read comments from both sides and your reasoning is flawed. Your experience is anecdotal. Your cards may work, but failure is based upon probability. Say the failure rate for your card is 30% in 5 years. But, the high endurance cards is 2% in 5 years. That means it's likely your cards would work fine, but that doesn't mean you should purchase them. Further, manufacturers will usually exaggerate the capabilities of their products. So, the fact that Sandisk won't warranty them for dashcams illustrate the higher probability of failure.

You need to learn to admit when you're wrong. It's not the end of the world.

Considering these cards have been run for over 3 years and neither A129 Duos have suffered a single hiccup speaks volumes. Feel free to run whatever SD cards make you happy. But 2 x A2 Extremes have never let me down in either camera. That speaks for itself. Anecdotal, sure, but I use what works, and these cards work fine.

Considering these cards have been run for over 3 years and neither A129 Duos have suffered a single hiccup speaks volumes. Feel free to run whatever SD cards make you happy. But 2 x A2 Extremes have never let me down in either camera. That speaks for itself. Anecdotal, sure, but I use what works, and these cards work fine.

I am guessing you didn't take Introductory Statistics. Even if 2 of your cards performed well, it's still a sample size of 2. That's way too low to draw a conclusion with an acceptable confidence level. That's the danger of anecdotal evidence. It leads to people drawing the wrong conclusions based upon their narrow experience. It's that same reasoning that leads to social problems like racism.

Let me explain via a hypothetical example. Say that A2 Extreme cards have a 20% chance of failing if they are used in dashcams (while the High Endurance cards only have a 5% chance of failing). By the laws of probability, that means the likelihood that you got 2 good cards is 64%. So, it's not surprising that you got two good cards. In fact, when people purchase these cards, it's likely that they will turn out to be fine since they have an 80% of getting a good card. However, this doesn't mean that people should purchase these cards instead of a High Endurance which has a much lower rate of failure!

It's perfectly acceptable that you state your cards performed well so your data is taken into account. But, your results shouldn't count more than another person who stated their cards failed. In other words, you shouldn't be encouraging the use of these cards when there is so much contravening evidence.

I'm not trying to be mean, but your critical reasoning here is obviously flawed here.

I am guessing you didn't take Introductory Statistics. Even if 2 of your cards performed well, it's still a sample size of 2. That's way too low to draw a conclusion with an acceptable confidence level. That's the danger of anecdotal evidence. It leads to people drawing the wrong conclusions based upon their narrow experience. It's that same reasoning that leads to social problems like racism.

Let me explain via a hypothetical example. Say that A2 Extreme cards have a 20% chance of failing if they are used in dashcams (while the High Endurance cards only have a 5% chance of failing). By the laws of probability, that means the likelihood that you got 2 good cards is 64%. So, it's not surprising that you got two good cards. In fact, when people purchase these cards, it's likely that they will turn out to be fine since they have an 80% of getting a good card. However, this doesn't mean that people should purchase these cards instead of a High Endurance which has a much lower rate of failure!

It's perfectly acceptable that you state your cards performed well so your data is taken into account. But, your results shouldn't count more than another person who stated their cards failed. In other words, you shouldn't be encouraging the use of these cards when there is so much contravening evidence.

I'm not trying to be mean, but your critical reasoning here is obviously flawed here.

1. Your statistics are arbitrary and hypothetical as you don't know the true failure rate of the A2 Extreme. For all you know, the A2 might have a 2% failure and the High Endurance 5%. After all, the Sandisk A2 Extreme has a lifetime warranty / 30 years. Where as the High endurance is backed by a 2 year warranty!

2. I never claimed my experience were the status quo. Personally, I use 2 x A2 Extremes (128GB and 256GB) in 2x A129 Duos. One in each vehicle. And a High Endurance in my A139. And yet, here's the kicker.

A. I've never had the A129's hiccup at all even when the A2 Extremes haven't been formatted in a while.
B. I had one High Endurance Card go bad. And the replacement, appeared to need a format as the A139 was acting a bit finicky on one occasion.

I take the fact Sandisk offers a 2 Year Warranty on the High Endurance as evidence it isn't so confident in that SD Card! Not Anecdotal at all.

Based on the above (Sandisk Warranty) and my success with the A2 Extreme Cards, I have no qualms about recommending the A2 Extreme over the High Endurance.

1642007537719.png

Last edited:
My example is indeed hypothetical, but it's not anecdotal or arbitrary. This is another example of your flawed critical reasoning skills.

But, a more pronounced example is the fact that you cite that the A2 Extreme has a higher warranty. Yes, the warranty is longer for the Extreme but the A2's warranty doesn't include dashcams which is the purpose of this thread and forum!

This warranty does not cover use of the Product in connection with the following uses or devices (as determined by SanDisk): (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) video monitoring, security, and surveillance devices, (iii) internet protocol/network cameras, (iv) in-car recording devices/dashboard cameras/black box cameras, (v) display devices that loop video, (vi) continuous recording set top box devices, (vii) continuous data logging devices like servers, or (viii) other excessive uses that exceed normal use in accordance with published instructions. The warranty exclusions set forth in points (ii)-(vii) above do not apply to the following: SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring microSD Cards located here.

As you can see in the warranty above, the High Endurance card, however, does cover the use of dashcams. Given this fact, it's understandable that the warranty is much less.

Since this fact has been stated previously, I don't know why you mentioned the difference in warranty. It hurt your argument rather than helped. Were you being intentionally obtuse? This is another clear example of your flawed critical reasoning.

Your high level of confidence here despite the contravening evidence suggests the Dunning-Kruger Effect. If the clear examples above don't convince you that your reasoning skills are impaired, then nothing will. Good luck.

My example is indeed hypothetical, but it's not anecdotal or arbitrary. This is another example of your flawed critical reasoning skills.

But, a more pronounced example is the fact that you cite that the A2 Extreme has a higher warranty. Yes, the warranty is longer for the Extreme but the A2's warranty doesn't include dashcams which is the purpose of this thread and forum!

As you can see in the warranty above, the High Endurance card, however, does cover the use of dashcams. Given this fact, it's understandable that the warranty is much less.

Since this fact has been stated previously, I don't know why you mentioned the difference in warranty. It hurt your argument rather than helped. Were you being intentionally obtuse? This is another clear example of your flawed critical reasoning.

Your high level of confidence here despite the contravening evidence suggests the Dunning-Kruger Effect. If the clear examples above don't convince you that your reasoning skills are impaired, then nothing will. Good luck.

You missed the bigger picture.

1. While the A2 Extreme isn't advertised as working with Dash Cameras and repeated writes, it appears to successfully handle the job. Therefore, I can have a lifetime warranty on the card if it fails. I.E. If the average card makes it over 2 years, then I've exceeded the shelf life of the High Endurance Warranty.

2. While the High Endurance is marketed for high level usage (repeated writes and rewrites), it only comes with a 2 year warranty. If it dies after 2 Years, I'm stuck buying another.

This is not obtuse. It's called Laws of Probability. Manufacturers place limits on warranties full well knowing the "Typical Shelf Life" before a product generally starts to fail. Resulting in manufacturers placing a period of time that limits the company's exposures to increased warranty replacements.

Real Life Applications and Marketing aren't always synonymous. Just because a product is "Marketed" as performing better, doesn't mean it does or that other products can't handle just as well.

Again, my personal experience is the A2 Extreme handles a Dashcam Competently. Don't like that recommendation? A person is free to purchase the High Endurance or any other Product of their choosing.

FYI. Keep it civil

Last edited:
You missed the bigger picture.

1. While the A2 Extreme isn't advertised as working with Dash Cameras and repeated writes, it appears to successfully handle the job. Therefore, I can have a lifetime warranty on the card if it fails. I.E. If the average card makes it over 2 years, then I've exceeded the shelf life of the High Endurance Warranty.

2. While the High Endurance is marketed for high level usage (repeated writes and rewrites), it only comes with a 2 year warranty. If it dies after 2 Years, I'm stuck buying another.

This is not obtuse. It's called Laws of Probability. Manufacturers place limits on warranties full well knowing the "Typical Shelf Life" before a product generally starts to fail. Resulting in manufacturers placing a period of time that limits the company's exposures to increased warranty replacements.

Real Life Applications and Marketing aren't always synonymous. Just because a product is "Marketed" as performing better, doesn't mean it does or that other products can't handle just as well.

Again, my personal experience is the A2 Extreme handles a Dashcam Competently. Don't like that recommendation? A person is free to purchase the High Endurance or any other Product of their choosing.

FYI. Keep it civil

I'm sorry. I'm actually trying to be civil but it's difficult when it appears you are intentionally obfuscating facts. For example, almost every sentence in your post above has something wrong with it. So, it seems like you are intentionally making unsound arguments.

Maybe it's not intentional, and you sincerely don't understand what you’re doing. If so, I sincerely apologize.

If you don't believe me that your reasoning skills are awry, try these test questions. If you can't get more than 7 out of the 10 questions correct, then your reasoning skills are at fault. I can tell you that if you practice doing these types of problems for a few months, you'll get better and you'll learn why your reasoning above is unsound.

I'm sorry. I'm actually trying to be civil but it's difficult when it appears you are intentionally obfuscating facts. For example, almost every sentence in your post above has something wrong with it. So, it seems like you are intentionally making unsound arguments.

Maybe it's not intentional, and you sincerely don't understand what you’re doing. If so, I sincerely apologize.

If you don't believe me that your reasoning skills are awry, try these test questions. If you can't get more than 7 out of the 10 questions correct, then your reasoning skills are at fault. I can tell you that if you practice doing these types of problems for a few months, you'll get better and you'll learn why your reasoning above is unsound.

Sigh. I don't think you are grasping the bigger picture. Every product we use in our day to day lives generates an anecdotal experience. The Dashcam you own and like, that you then recommend to friends and family based upon these personal experiences - Anecdotal

The T.V. you watch and like. Tell friends about? Anecdotal Experience.

Every product you own is based on an anecdotal experience.

So unless you are taking a HUGE SAMPLE size and charting the failure rate (I.E. White Paper), everything we say here is simply based upon our personal interactions with X product.

Your argument is cylindrical in nature.

Therefore, I think you are intentionally sidestepping your own argument. Once again, I've stressed that the A2 Extreme, in my personal usage, appears to be competent at handling a Dashcam. Like all the above, our personal experiences are mere Anecdotes.

If someone wishes to venture out and try the A2 Extreme, maybe they'll find a similar experience. Or maybe it won't perform as well as my two cards. The same could be said for the High Endurance. I had one that failed. Anecdotal of course, with the second one working just fine.

Sum of the whole:

1. A2 Extreme lasts greater than 2 years, I win. If it fails at 2 years and 1 day, I can warranty it over a lifetime
2. Sandisk High Endurance fails at 2 years and 1 day, Warranty Expired.

In my case two Sandisk A2 Extremes have made it 3 years. So far so good in my anecdotal personal experience.

I'm willing to gamble on the Sandisk A2 in my A129 Duo. Sandisk isn't going to conduct a forensic review on the SD card to determine what contents were on it before dying....

Last edited:

In my A129 Duos, I use a Sandisk A2 Extreme. They have a lifetime warranty and have been working fine for past 2.5-3 yrs. The Sandisk High Endurance datasheet says it's made for constant writes and rewrites suitable for a dashcam. I use one of these in my A139 3 Channel. Downside to the High Endurance is a 2 year warranty. My first High Endurance failed pretty quickly, the second works fine. You should not take the first one failing as a gold standard, since in every production, there are statistical failures.

In my A129 Duos, I use a Sandisk A2 Extreme. They have a lifetime warranty and have been working fine for past 2.5-3 yrs. The Sandisk High Endurance datasheet says it's made for constant writes and rewrites suitable for a dashcam. I use one of these in my A139 3 Channel. Downside to the High Endurance is a 2 year warranty. My first High Endurance failed pretty quickly, the second works fine. You should not take the first one failing as a gold standard, since in every production, there are statistical failures.

All good, I went with a $53 one - 256GB, so if it fails I will return back to Amazon. It was sold by Amazon AU and fulfilled by Amazon AU so it should be legit.

For god's sake everyone please don't listen to HonestReview
Reading this thread is awfully underwhelming.
Set asside the wrong advices, that kind of behaviour is not eligible for a sane person.
Probabbly lying about failed high endurance card.

So I am no totally off topic this is for a change interesting reading https://goughlui.com/2020/01/15/qui...video-64gb-microsdxc-card-sdsqqnr-064g-gn6ia/
- see the comments, there is more info

I will go for a sammy 128gb rated for 43 800h of 26mbps video. (the highest one so far i think)

Just buy high endurance cards. (sandisk high/max endurance, samsung pro endurance etc.)

Kicker0927 (who was the author of this post way back in Feb 4, 2020) must have wished he never asked this question in the first place, he hasn’t been seen on her since Feb 17, 2020, must have given up the ghost and moved on

Wow the discussion has been going for 2 years strong, either party should at least have empirical data to support their statements by now, so we the clueless spectator could have the answer

I just don't really understand why a specialized product line only offers 2 years of warranty, unless it's just cost strategies while A2 & endurance line are actually binned products that came from one production line.

It's time to spill some wild theory which is not funded by govt, take it with a warehouse full of salt:
Dash cam will bring your card to its knees by constantly writing and writing a lot of data to the card for hours. A company wants to minimize the warranty cost from this kind of "abusive" usage, perhaps 2 years was the sweet spot based on their financial model (COGS, MSRP, margin, warranty expense, etc) to keep this endurance product line profitable.

My statement above does not imply that endurance line have significantly higher failure rate. But according to my common sense, yes they do have significantly higher INHERENT risk of failure due to the nature of constant writing. Financial wise, why bothers giving long term provision if at the end of the day it's just time ticking bomb?

Back