Best audio recording/audio input

Chillinwack

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi!!
I know most of the time people dont give a damn about the audio of the dashcam, but I'm a car enthusiast, and I want to ear my exaust and the turbos the most crystal clear possible!! I have currently a Thinkware F770 who broke after an update (I know it sucks), and the sound was grishy when the car was running..

So my question is: Is there a dashcam who have a realy good built in microphone, or a dashcam with an audio input?

I want a dashcam for the loop recording and the hardwiring (no battery)

Thanks!!

The Viofo A129 Pro is pretty good if you don't want to record the quietest sound, this is the A129 Pro, turn the volume right up and press play:

The Viofo A139 has the best microphone I know and also has an external microphone input, however it currently only records at 16KHz sample rate which is rather low for your turbos... hopefully it will be improved soon...

The Viofo A129 Pro is pretty good if you don't want to record the quietest sound, this is the A129 Pro, turn the volume right up and press play:

The Viofo A139 has the best microphone I know and also has an external microphone input, however it currently only records at 16KHz sample rate which is rather low for your turbos... hopefully it will be improved soon...
Okok thanks for your reply!
There is no audio input on any dashcam? Cause I have a Mic that I use on my Gopro, and it upgrade the sound a lot!!

There is no audio input on any dashcam? Cause I have a Mic that I use on my Gopro, and it upgrade the sound a lot!!
Very few dashcams have an audio input. A139 is the only one I can think of, and that doesn't really need it because the internal mic is very good, although being able to position the mic and have a directional mic is useful. Note that it is a 3.5mm jack plug, same as a computer mic, so a dedicated GoPro mic with only USB will not plug in, the older GoPro mics that came with a USB adaptor will work.

Reactions: Mtz
Yeah I know, my mic was a 3.5 jack and I have a USB adapter. Thanks a lot!!

Hi @Nigel ,
Do you think the A129 duo have the same audio input quality? Or I have to go with the PRO?
Thanks

Hi @Nigel ,
Do you think the A129 duo have the same audio input quality? Or I have to go with the PRO?
Thanks
Depends on what you are after, to my ears the Pro sounds a lot more detailed and can pick up the sound of the train in my test far earlier, but I suspect your car is quite loud and maybe ability to cope with loud is more important than detail? Not sure which is the best for loud, probably the Pro.

A129 Pro:

A129 Duo:

A119 V3:

And here is a clip from the A139, which seems to have a significantly different auto gain control, and can cope with almost any volume making everything the same volume, even its internal speaker which should sound really loud compared to the rest when it protects the file due my stopping acceleration triggering the g-sensor!

A139 microphone has significantly more low bass than the others:

Back