Best battery for F770 running duel cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i'm looking for recommendations for an additional battery for F770 running duel cameras. The car will sit all night (obviously) and then get a short 15-20 minute drive before the car is then left for another 11hrs while I'm at work. The journey home takes around 25-30 minutes.
Before I fitted the 2nd camera my car battery fulfilled my requirements but since fitting the 2nd camera the system now shuts off after around 4 hours even with the F770 voltage cutoff set to 12V.
The F770 is hardwired into the fusebox and the intention is to hardwire any battery too.

I'm in the UK (if that makes any difference) and looking around my options seem to:

1. CELLINK NEO 6 £229
2. CELLINK NEO 9 £269
3. ThinkWare Mini iVolt £179

As i'm completely disillusioned with ThinkWare and because both the Cellink Neo seem to charge quicker and last longer I'm veering towards either of those products but any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The Cellink probably would be best since it has the optional extended battery if you need extra.

I have the Celllink Neo 6 and very pleased with it! I do a 20min journey twice a day, and it's never run flat with a Dual Cam Blackvue 750s

Thanks
How long do you leave your car for during the day?
Did you look at the Neo9 too or was that not available when you bought the Neo6?

I also have the F770 and rear camera, hardwired into my fusebox.

I set my voltage cut off to 12V and everything was fine, I also leave my car parked at work for 12 1/2 hours, so I was getting about 6 hours of recording before it switched off. Not ideal, but understandable.
About a month into using it, my car battery was flat one morning, so I increased my cut off to 12.2V. another three weeks went past, when once again, my battery was flat, so I changed my voltage up to 12.4V. Two days ago, it was once again flat, so I have switched parking mode off. This has now stopped my battery from being flattened.

I am now looking to purchase an additional battery pack, which, I did not count on.
Do I have a faulty unit or can the F770 only be used in parking mode by shelling out a load of extra money on an additional battery?
If anyone at Thinkware reads this, I would love a reply from the horse's mouth!

Sounds like you've been suckered into buying an F770 because of the advertised parking mode like me too!
Yes, it will only work with 2 cameras for a relatively short period of time before either turning off or flattening your car battery.
The options for me are either the Neo6 or Neo9, even though they are both more expensive that the iVolt i'm not prepared to give their company any more of my hard earned money and their product not work to advertised expectations.

Last edited:
I really wanted to have all round protection, hence getting two cameras and choosing a model that will enable parking monitoring. As you say, it is turning out to be an expensive business!
I thought that by purchasing a premium model, I would be well covered. I'm toying with the idea of a Cellink B, which is about £60 cheaper.

Definitely sounds like we're in the same boat.
Not sure how long your commute is but the Cellink B won't work for me as it takes too long to charge and doesn't last as long

I have a very short drive, about 15 mins max :(
Thanks for the advice, as I don't want to throw any more money, needlessly at this.

Thanks
How long do you leave your car for during the day?
Did you look at the Neo9 too or was that not available when you bought the Neo6?

Hi the car is in parking mode the rest of the time, so 10 hours in the day and 14 hours at night.
Neo 9 wasn't available, is it the same size as the 6 which sits perfectly in a hidden cubby box in the cabin glove box of my car, right next to the fusebox.

Back