JoeBloggs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if you could help me with a question i've been asking myself. I'm after a dashcam in the style of the Xiaomi Yi but not quite ready to shell out big money for the 4K version. The reason being I want to make videos in my car of my driving and use the footage for video editing and practice. I like the idea of the Xiaoyi dashcam, removing the timestamp and etc but to my knowledge, it doesn't go higher than 30FPS. I'd quite like to use 60FPS and higher for slo-mo, do you think the 2K model works well in cars? Or do you have any other recommendations? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Viofo A119 will do 1080 @ 60 fps, or you may prefer the Gitup Git2 which also does 1080 @ 60 fps but with significantly better quality if you are editing the videos and will also do 720 @ 120 fps. The Gitup Git2 has dashcam features like autostart, dashcam exposure metering (the road not the sky) and delayed shutdown so is more suitable for car use than most action cameras.

The mobius 2 can do 1080/60 and as i used in this clip 720/120, 120 FPS played back at 30 FPS is pretty slow.

But i would not use 720p in daily use, its 1080 or nothing smaller in my book.

The Mobius 2 is allso a new camera that need some work in the firmware, but at least they do so where other cheap cameras is often abandon ware.

Back