Best Buy is starting to promote dash cams

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I'm slightly confused here as that article only mentions Magellan, Thinkware and Uniden - no mention of Cobra, Garmin or HP?

My uncle bought a load of Uniden analogue satellite receivers and positioners many years ago and other than that I've never really heard of them over in the UK. Looking at the Wiki Uniden still do a lot of business with CB and phones.

link in the article takes you to a list of models for sale, some appear to be from 3rd party sellers though

I just looked at their in store inventories, not their affiliates.​

You'd need a whole support team if they started selling them there mate.

I miss Best Buy - they opened some stores in the UK and unfortunately didn't last long - it was loads better than their competitor over here which was Currys / PC World IMHO.

You'd need a whole support team if they started selling them there mate.

I miss Best Buy - they opened some stores in the UK and unfortunately didn't last long - it was loads better than their competitor over here which was Currys / PC World IMHO.

I can personally handle 1000 customers per hour, no problem haha. But yes, we're ready to grow the USA support team if need be at some point. (very picky though, nothing but the best)

to be honest for the most part we avoid retail chains, the service and product knowledge is generally lacking

quality over quantity is key, so not rushing into anything

https://corporate.bestbuy.com/three-reasons-why-you-need-a-dash-cam/

It looks like its manufacturers of choice will be:
  • Cobra*
  • Gamin (No surprise here. Good company too.)
  • HP
  • Thinkware
  • Uniden*
I knew the big boys would get involved sooner or later.

*Didn't these guys used to make CB Radios and radar detectors?

Not sure why you only consider Best Buy the "big boys"? Amazon has been selling Dash Cameras for years, while Best Buy as a company has been struggling for years!

Back