Best buy under 100 Euro?

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm looking for a reliable 4K action camera for motorcycle or helmet mounting, under 100 euro.

Preferrable a cube type like Foxeer box, Runcam 5 / 4K, Caddx Orca / 4k. Or Mobius type like Runcam 2 / 4K.

Tips idea's welcome too, but form factor is a big thing for me, it needs to be as small and as lightweight as possible.

I'd like it to have:

- dashcam function (auto start/stop with external power)
- 4k/30fps
- MP4 or MOV files with date/time stamp
- H.265 HEVC
- image stabilisation
- preferrably Type C connection, or hardwired (fixed cable) or screw on mount
- decent night performance
- large capacity SD card storage 256GB or up)
- swappable battery, or supercap
- reliable / rugged hardware (due to vibrations)

Or am I too greedy?

This action camera matches some of your hopes but $299USD
MT1 DUAL CHANNEL 1080P MOTORCYCLE DASH CAM BUILT IN WI-FI GPS
Dual-Channel Full HD 1080P with Sony Starvis image sensors
Built-in Wi-Fi to control dashcam via VIOFO app on your phone
Built-in GPS logger to record date, time, speed and location
Automatic start-up and shut down of motorcycle dashcam
Continuous power supply for extended recording duration
Super capacitor provides excellent fail-safe recording
Built-in G-sensor with low to high sensitivity options
Support micro SD card up to 256GB
Remote control to start manual recording in a dedicated folder
Rugged & water-resistant, effective IP66 protection from dust and water

1648309194528.png

OR

GITUP F1 90° 4K WIFI ACTION CAMERA $119USD​

GITUP F1 90° 4K WIFI ACTION CAMERA
1648309289218.png

Something to consider.
@viofo

I have 2 F1's, but one has a USB power inlet that simply broke off, and the seller never even replied to me to get it fixed (check whatsapp screenshot). And the other I'm a bit affraid to use on the motorcycle due to vibrations. The one with the missing USB power inlet still works, but I can no longer charge the battery inside that camera.

I basically only need to know how to get a USB female connector on a short cable soldered to the mainboard for external power, but GitUp Spain apparently doesn't seem to need satisfied customers.....

Screenshot_20220326-235024.png

I have 2 F1's, but one has a USB power inlet that simply broke off, and the seller never even replied to me to get it fixed (check whatsapp screenshot). And the other I'm a bit affraid to use on the motorcycle due to vibrations. The one with the missing USB power inlet still works, but I can no longer charge the battery inside that camera.

I basically only need to know how to get a USB female connector on a short cable soldered to the mainboard for external power, but GitUp Spain apparently doesn't seem to need satisfied customers.....

View attachment 60168
I added in @viofo @VIOFO-Support as they may be interested.
They are very active on this website and have helped many people with concerns.
The best way to communicate with them is politely with patience, not that I'm suggesting anything.

Personally, I prefer the first option I posted for you.... but it only (joke coming) slightly goes over your budget.

When I get to speak to my brother next, he may be able to suggest some units. (He loves his Motorbikes)

I'm looking for a reliable 4K action camera for motorcycle or helmet mounting, under 100 euro.

Preferrable a cube type like Foxeer box, Runcam 5 / 4K, Caddx Orca / 4k. Or Mobius type like Runcam 2 / 4K.

Tips idea's welcome too, but form factor is a big thing for me, it needs to be as small and as lightweight as possible.

I'd like it to have:

- dashcam function (auto start/stop with external power)
- 4k/30fps
- MP4 or MOV files with date/time stamp
- H.265 HEVC
- image stabilisation
- preferrably Type C connection, or hardwired (fixed cable) or screw on mount
- decent night performance
- large capacity SD card storage 256GB or up)
- swappable battery, or supercap
- reliable / rugged hardware (due to vibrations)

Or am I too greedy?
Hello!
New here, didn't want to start new thread, hope it's OK?
...nowhere near as "greedy", but found this place because the guys I was cycling with told me to ask for an advice, as one of them had rather dear GoPro set-up on all event day and in short said it is easily achievable for under £100 GBP.
The smaller factor the better, as GoPro Hero 9 with case looks bit like a unicorn horn, 1080p is plenty for me, as a matter of fact those inflated "upscaled" cameras are turn off and got recommended to look out for either SJCam or Mobius brands... What else is needed is to be waterproof, decent Gyro and either additional batteries or connectivity to external pack ( Got a phone "brick"), but it is cumbersome to carry with me already. I'd love to be able to record trips up to 4 hrs, stopping (changing battery and SD card) and about 2 hrs back, so I could review all scenery and events afterwards.
Any advice is very much appreciated,
Thanks!

Hello!
New here, didn't want to start new thread, hope it's OK?
...nowhere near as "greedy", but found this place because the guys I was cycling with told me to ask for an advice, as one of them had rather dear GoPro set-up on all event day and in short said it is easily achievable for under £100 GBP.
The smaller factor the better, as GoPro Hero 9 with case looks bit like a unicorn horn, 1080p is plenty for me, as a matter of fact those inflated "upscaled" cameras are turn off and got recommended to look out for either SJCam or Mobius brands... What else is needed is to be waterproof, decent Gyro and either additional batteries or connectivity to external pack ( Got a phone "brick"), but it is cumbersome to carry with me already. I'd love to be able to record trips up to 4 hrs, stopping (changing battery and SD card) and about 2 hrs back, so I could review all scenery and events afterwards.
Any advice is very much appreciated,
Thanks!
Does this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005290180897.html cam has any negarives, I'm not seeing?

Does this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005290180897.html cam has any negarives, I'm not seeing?
Overexcited by its waterproofness size and and blind to the fact it's not even Gyro stabilised I was...then tiny battery put me off it completely, so by the looks of it
SJCam C300 that would need be https://www.sjcam.com/cameras/action-cameras/c300/
But it's WAY over-expensive at ~£135 and not being waterproof itself, make it necessary to have it in case (loss of small size attractiveness), then checked this
meh...

Looks like obsolete Mobius is the only camera going to be Mobius, but all of those models, lens numbers, lack of accesories, that doesn't come with...
Can somebody point me out what I'd need to look out for, IE how much power does it use, so perhaps smaller additional power bank would be matched? being displayless... not big deal, as it saves battery usage, right?

Thanks!

UPDATE: After another try sometime ago, I got a proposal to pay a fee and they swapped my defective unit for a working unit.

Thank you GitUp/Viofo!

I'm having troubles with my other F1 though, it's a few years now, and it does no longer start recording upon power to USB port, it also does not start up at all when power put to usb port, nor does it start charging, only when I power it up with the power on button, then it does all of that, and works fine then. It has a firmware called F1-V1. 2-20180428, is this the newest one? I also have another F1, it's about half a year now, and has firmware F1-V1. 2-20180922, which does start automatically in dash cam mode when power is applied to the USB port, and all settings are the same..... Can anyone help? I have no idea where to get the newest firmware, asked Viofo, no response yet.

I have a battery F1 and a capacitor F1C. The F1 is on FW V1.2-20180428 and auto-starts with external power. The F1C is on FW V1.2-20200411, but that is only suitable for the F1C. I do not have a copy of any FW files to share.

This page should be for the latest F1 firmware, but the download link does not appear to work

Starts sounding like a hardware issue.......

I have a battery F1 and a capacitor F1C. The F1 is on FW V1.2-20180428 and auto-starts with external power. The F1C is on FW V1.2-20200411, but that is only suitable for the F1C. I do not have a copy of any FW files to share.

This page should be for the latest F1 firmware, but the download link does not appear to work

BTW, why is ADDING 24fps 4K interesting when we already have 30fps 4K???

BTW, why is ADDING 24fps 4K interesting when we already have 30fps 4K???
Some people like to make their "cinematic" films at 24fps.
If you are using it for action then it is not a good idea!
Some people also want to mix the video with video from other cameras that they have running at 24fps, and want a smooth result.

clicking the link gets me nowhere.... just reloads the same page....Way to go @VIOFO-Support

Please kick in guys, it's enough already to send you a request and 2 emails to ask you what's going on and getting no answers at all!:mad:

clicking the link gets me nowhere.... just reloads the same page....Way to go @VIOFO-Support

Please kick in guys, it's enough already to send you a request and 2 emails to ask you what's going on and getting no answers at all!:mad:
Shall we know your ticket number? We will check it for you.

Shall we know your ticket number? We will check it for you.
As for the ticketnumber, I can't seem to find it. Maybe it got lost somewhere in some software action, it's also been a while back, I really don't know, maybe I even confused it with another issue, so please accept my apologies for that.... :oops:

And, check my PM to you, but how about just straight forward an answer on the latest firmware, and where to find it, since the link doesn't work...

(https://support.gitup.com/support/solutions/articles/6000190861-gitup-f1-firmware)

Besides I have 2 F1's, and both have a different firmware, so I'd like to level it and get both F1's on the same newest FW.
Please, check the included picture

20230928_122015_HDR.jpg

Back