best cams to recommend?

scub

Reaction score
Hi, I have a budget of about $250-350 (maybe $400 if there is something good out there). i've been looking at the Lukas 7900 but i'm curious what else is out there for the price range. i like all the features of the Lukas (gps, sensor, etc), anyone have other recommendations on other cams that perhaps offer an image quality edge over the Lukas?

Looking for a cam that can be easily ordered without going through hoops ;)

thanks

hi,
ever considered das300hd by otosaver? i had it for almost three weeks now and so far so good. saw this in revscene forum

skippy11 said:
hi,
ever considered das300hd by otosaver? i had it for almost three weeks now and so far so good. saw this in revscene forum
nice looking camera, hadn't seen this one before

skippy11 said:
hi,
does it have gps? saw on youtube a description saying no built in gps. how about english language support? found very little information.

Well, my recommendation will be as follow :

1. Thinkware FXD700 - not sure about market price. But Singapore is selling S$368 from authorized distributor (may have changed since I last known). Of course with local support and warranty.

2. itronics ITB-100HD - USD180 with standard shipping and USD193 for fast shipment.

3. itronics ITB-100HD SP - USD225 with fast shipment

The above common features :
- 1080p FullHD resolution
- build-in GPS (so can measure speed and exact location)
- doesn't comes with external display
- Parking mode based on motion detection
- support up to 32GB capacity SDcard or microSD card
- Ability to mute voice recording on the fly (button to enable/disable). Good for privacy when situation arises.

Pro of FXD700

1. Dual channel recorder (optional). Meaning you can add another camera at the rear but only record at VGA resolution.
2. Among the list above. FXD700 specs it at 80 degrees operating temperature. itronics specs it at 70 degrees
3. Build in power management functionality. Meaning FXD700 can connect directly to you car accumulator with low voltage or time cut-off functionality to prevent draining you car batt.
4. Sony sensor/lens module. -> Good night quality
5. 1080p FullHD resolution @ 30fps

Cons of FXD700

1. Not much review and I personally have not tried it. Just based on online video @ YouTube
2. Need computer to format SD card (e.g. Blackvue models as well).
3. Power tip incompatible with Blackvue & itronics. (upgraders require new wiring)

Pro of ITB-100HD

1. Widely tested & accepted by community. Reliability (I owe one unit) is based on actual experience rather than paper talk.
2. Reasonably priced and cheaper than FXD700 (but not really apple-to-apple comparison)
3. Flexibility to use SDcard or microSD card+adapter.
4. Same power tip as Blackvue (ease of upgrading without any change in wiring)
5. Ability to perform in camera format. Meaning you can format using the camera and wipe out your footage

Con of ITB-100HD

1. Record only at 24fps instead of standard 30fps (unless you pay additional for SP model)
2. Poor user indication (as compared with Blackvue - no voice or LED barely visible with significant meaning)
3. No in build power management. You need to get an external unit (e.g. ITV-80 or Power Magic) to do that. That would set you back another USD25

Based on what I have tested and own (Blackvue Dr400, itronics ITB-100HD), I would like to try FXD700.

You are right about no built in gps however, external gps is an accessory. Good thing about having an external gps is that the camera will still be small, sleek and lightwieght.

Back