Best Cheapest Dash Cam

craigG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought 2 at wall mart for $32.00 each. They work great. Instant use. With memory card. Have had one for over a year.
cngarch

Used a $26 G1W clone for a few years and still using a $34 G1W/HC of simi9lar vintage as one of 3 rear cams simply because it still works. Wouldn't recommend anything like these when far better can be had: the 70Mai for ~$35 makes all the other cheap cams look like the crap they actually are :LOL:

Phil

DCT features the AUKEY DRA5 Mini as the one of the "Best “Bang for your Buck” Dash Cams" at $40.00 (currently $46.00). Comes with a 24 month warranty! You could do far worse for a basic entry level dash cam at that price and it features a super-capacitor and decent support from a name brand manufacturer.

DCT features the AUKEY DRA5 Mini as the one of the "Best “Bang for your Buck” Dash Cams" at $40.00 (currently $46.00). Comes with a 24 month warranty! You could do far worse for a basic entry level dash cam at that price and it features a super-capacitor and decent support from a name brand manufacturer.
Agree, great bang for buck. It goes on sale fairly frequently if you can wait.

For a similar price you can get a far more superior cam in the Viofo A139- much better in every way.

No Vantrue cams are cheap which is what this thread is about. Please stay on topic.

Phil

Reactions: EGS
For a similar price you can get a far more superior cam in the Viofo A139- much better in every way.

No Vantrue cams are cheap which is what this thread is about. Please stay on topic.

Phil

Not sure where you get the impression that this thread is only about Vanture cams?

The topic is "Best Cheapest Dash Cam".

The OP post was
"I bought 2 at wall mart for $32.00 each. They work great. Instant use. With memory card. Have had one for over a year. cngarch" no reference to only Vantrue.​
You yourself replied earlier in the thread with comments about G1W, Viofo, and 70mai???

Not sure where you get the impression that this thread is only about Vanture cams?
You yourself replied earlier in the thread with comments about G1W, Viofo, and 70mai???
there was some Vantrue related spam posts that have since been removed which is why his comment might not make sense now

It seems that company sends someone new here about twice a year pushing their products, then once it becomes apparent they're not dealing with easily-convinced newbies they fade away just as quickly. I don't mine having someone promote their company's products here, just do it properly :cautious:

Back on topic, I've been watching the DDPai Mola M3 thread, seems to be at least a fairly good 'budget cam' with few issues. Not the cheapest but you don't get what you don't pay for with anything. And BlueSkySea has good value in their budget-friendly cams too ;)

Several years ago I would regularly spend waste my hours of insomnia browsing the pages of Banggood and Gearbest looking at dashcams. There were huge numbers of them, maybe hundreds, but now there's only a few dozen last time I looked. I'm not sure whether the market has shrunk or whether people have wised up and aren't buying the junk cams anymore or whether the profits are lower now. Maybe more on AliExpress- I never really looked there and it seems they've grown well past what the other stores have done so likely plenty there. You still have to be careful with these places as many items are misrepresented and getting your money back might not be easy or fast. You can still find great prices at all these if you are careful with who you're buying from as many dashcam manufacturers have official outlets there. Amazon and Ebay have many more than they did back then- perhaps that's why the listings have shrunk.

Cheap cams are still a gamble regardless of the source, and if you want any certainty that you're going to have the vids you need best to stick with the few known good budget cams spoken well of here on DCT where knowledgeable people report their honest and unbiased results from actually using them :cool:

Phil

Not the cheapest but you don't get what you don't pay for with anything.
Unfortunately, this is something many people overlook when shopping for the 'lowest cost' which long term may not end up being the lowest cost if they don't perform as needed or fail completely.

Case in point - back in Feb. 2015 I bought 2 SG9665GC (version 1) cameras when they were first released for sale. Both are still in daily use today, 6 years later, and neither has ever failed to record. The cost per year of use is $32. While those cameras certainly were not the cheapest at the time in terms of actual dollars spent, over time I'm sure they're the best value given the performance and longevity compared to something that may have cost 1/4th as much.

And if you get in problems with those 2 cameras, you will have official feedback in minutes, and as i have noticed should you want to upgrade to another of their models, a loyal customer discount are often reached.
Believe it or not, good service also cost a little, or at least i an willing to pay a little for that.

While i do like to spend my money, i still have to be careful about what i spend them on.
Constantly i an fighting off things i really - really want to buy, but i dont as that thing and its price VS how often i use it just do not add up.
On the other hand something like a dashcam, which i would use often, and would want to work every time, that i would not look for rock bottom prices on, but as a pensioner i will have to look for bang 4 buck models ( that still need to be trustworthy cameras )

My 2015 GC V1 camera also still work, though not in service lately, but it is in a drawer at my friends house as backup for the GC V3 he use every day.

The post of OP sound good, but 32 USD + a memory card make me worry.
1. that memory card, surely it can not be a 64 GB one which i would want in a single camera system ( at least )
2. the memory card are probably like very small, i fear at the highest 32 GB, and the brand of it i dont even dare guesstimate on

But i an intrigued and would like to hear follow up / user experience later on, so would not mind if this thread resurface one day down the line.

Last edited:
Back