Best CPL (Circular Polarizer Filter) for the DR650?

Marcus512

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've seen the links to the 3D printed clip version and the separate filter.

Is anyone else selling a CPL kit for these cameras? it's been out for some time now and I still don't see any decent ones, or ones I can buy in the U.S. thanks.

That site is not even in English.

Looking for a CPL I can buy in the US.

I don't think you're spoilt for choice, there's no genuine accessory and have yet to hear of any USA based seller that does these, use Google Translate if you can't work the site out, if you use the Chrome browser you can translate the site easily, not hard to work out

Thanks, I'll have to translate later as I'm on my cell phone at the moment.

after 20 minutes of setting up an account and translating pages it would cost $50.00 USD for this filter. shipping will take two weeks and it's just too much of a risk to have something so delicate shipped all they way here. I'll goto Best Buy and cut my own for $14.

You have a link to the filter? I already looked on that site and didn't find anything cept the camera itself.

That's just the filter. I can get the filter for $14 at best buy. I'm looking for someone that sells the clip that attaches to the dash cam along with the filter.

ahh cool , i've seen your mounts before. so no one has test fitted one on a 650 yet? i believe it's the same diameter as the 600. what gets me is why the CPL has to be so big. will a small 1" one not work? the mag filter is huge at 1.5 inches and draws attention to the camera. i'm trying to keep it stealthy. why all the different mounts, colors, textures, etc? does the mag filter screw into your clip with the filters existing threads? best buy has a filter that's the same as the mag filter, large, and has a screw on face for $14. seems it's a waste if i'm going to cut the filter down to 1-inch and mount it into a rubber boot that stretches over the front of the camera. i thought about putting a filter inside the original blackvue rubber dust cap that covers the lens when you first take it out of the box. i hate reflections, but i want a filter i can easily remove and install since the camera (from what i hear) doesnt see well at night with it on. i wish there was an all-in-one filter. as it is now, the dr650 has a brightness adjustment and 1 is too dark and 5 is too light - so much that the sky is all white and so are the license plates.

hell that may not be so bad after all lol. the lens is so wide all i get is useless sky at the top and the dash board at the bottom.... can you explain this while you're at it?

Back