Best Dash Cam For £100 With GPS?

Hardcore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a number of cheap, but often good dash cams over the years now.
I loved my G1W i used to have. It had really good video quality for the price.
I replaced it with a Mini 0805 which although is a nice size and i really like the GPS feature, it has heat and reliability issues on longer drivers and the video quality isn't anywhere near as good as my G1W's was.

I'm in the UK and have a budget, including delivery of £100 to replace my failing 0805.
So far i'm looking at the G1W-S with the GPS module. That way i'll have that great video quality i had before, and the GPS (the only thing i like with the 0805)

Any other suggestions? I'd prefer a capacitor as well if possible, rather than a battery type.

Many thanks!

For G1W series, you can think about the latest VIOFO G1WS- Wi-Fi version.
For £100 GPS camera, I recommend VIOFO A119 V3.

For G1W series, you can think about the latest VIOFO G1WS- Wi-Fi version.
For £100 GPS camera, I recommend VIOFO A119 V3.

Thank you for the quick response.
Is the A119 V3 from VIOFO better than the A119S?

I was just doing a little reading on the V3 there. That looks great and exactly what i'm needing.
Do all models come with the GPS mount, or is it sold separately?
Is the GPS mount and power supply connector the same as the V2?

After doing a few hours of reading on here / youtube videos etc i've ordered the following from UK Amazon

VIOFO A119 V3
VIOFO ACC HK3
VIOFO CPL Filter
Some "fuse taps"

Looking forward to installing it and giving it a test when it all arrives.

My choise its a Eyecam MD1000. They have: image sensor 1/2.8", progressive scan CMOS, digital noise reduction 3DNR, lens mount M12, Id range approx 10 meters, face detection supported.

That seems more suited to commercial purposes and not very discreet inside a small car.
It doesn't appear to have GPS either.

Back