Best dash cam for me?

NewDash

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Hey, I'm new here.
So I have been looking for a dash cam that will be good for all my needs for quite a while now.

These are all the features I wish the dashcam will have:
Good quality(prefer 60fps)
Wifi
Parking Mode - I want the camera to record when it senses a collision.
Now the problem is that I only drive my car during the weekends and I don't want the dashcam to drain my battery.

Is there any good dashcam for me?

Now the problem is that I only drive my car during the weekends and I don't want the dashcam to drain my battery.
That's going to be the biggest hurdle to overcome. The best you're likely to do is a camera with BDP (battery discharge prevention) either built in or as a separate module. Unlikely to give you a full week of operation but will at least let the camera run as long as possible without killing the battery.

A second possibility is to get a couple of external battery packs and swap them out as necessary during the week.

Ok so, Is there a good camera that fits my needs?...
There are probably a number of them. I'd suggest you start by reviewing these 2 articles to familiarize yourself with what's generally available and focus on those that meet your needs.

Once you narrow the list of candidates you can then read through the forums for the specific camera(s) to see what others have to say to help determine if it will actually meet your needs.

Is the car parked on the street, in a garage, or where, when not used?

Back