Best dash cam for under $50

Why not,when it has a 32 or 64GB space?Where do you find limit of 4GB?Why not 3,5GB or 4,5GB,why exactly 4GB?I dont know,maybe thats the case with other dashcams.I didnt saw it can reach a 4GB in one video file on my sd card,max 3min long or even shorter and max about 300-350MB file size.

But, will I still be able to get my full 8hr? I'm mostly concerned about that.

But, will I still be able to get my full 8hr? I'm mostly concerned about that.
I think you should be able to with a 64GB sd card.I download my videos on my android phone through the Yi dashcam app,share them on Youtube,one video at the time.I never tried to download all content from sd card to a desktop or laptop computer and make a timelapse.Think you are gonna need some video editor to merge your many video files to one BIG one,never do that myself.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Ok. Thank you for the help. I'm actually checking out on Amazon now. :happy:

I also got the 2yr warranty just in case of any issues. Do you if the Yi has capacitors, just to confirm?

I also got the 2yr warranty just in case of any issues. Do you if the Yi has capacitors, just to confirm?
For all I know doesnt have capacitors.

For all I know doesnt have capacitors.

Ok, since I already purchased the cam, do you think there is a major difference between having capacitors, and having a battery? Anything besides the heat?

The biggest difference is that batteries are good for a fraction of the charge cycles that a capacitor is good for. Odds are it will be fine, its not like you care about the battery life, since it will always be plugged in.

Ok, since I already purchased the cam, do you think there is a major difference between having capacitors, and having a battery? Anything besides the heat?
Doesnt know really,Yi is my first and only dashcam for now,so dont have expirience with capacitors.

Doesnt know really,Yi is my first and only dashcam for now,so dont have expirience with capacitors.

Ok, thank you for all of your help, for now. :angelic: I really appreciate it.
I'm sure you will hear back from me, and if I have any me questions about this dashcam, I'll post them on here.

@NickZ , I ordered the yi from the same link, it will be here tomorrow . I'll let you know if their are any issues with the seller or the cam.

Ok, thank you for all of your help, for now. :angelic: I really appreciate it.
I'm sure you will hear back from me, and if I have any me questions about this dashcam, I'll post them on here.
Your welcome [emoji2]

@NickZ , I ordered the yi from the same link, it will be here tomorrow . I'll let you know if their are any issues with the seller or the cam.
Also, if you plan on doing any testing, see if you can check the size difference between using audio and muting. I'll run some tests when I get mine.
Thanks!

Batteries tend to fail quickly in hotter climates which is why there's a major trend toward dashcams with supercaps instead ;) Here in upstate SC USA that can happen in as little as a few months time, and there are many places hotter than this :rolleyes:

Phil

Hey everyone. I received my cam last week, and I'm very impressed with it. Video quality is good, it is compact, and I love the wifi feature. However, I do notice that it heats up fast, not sure if this is just from the power or if it is the sun.
I would like to know how much storage this uses per hour on 1080p30. They said it should last 8hr+ with 64gb memory, but I've only recorded a few minues to try it out so and it takes up 3gb.
Do you know if there is a way to turn off loop recording?

Also, please let me know how your experience is PresidentComey.

Thanks!

No way to turn off loop recording on Yi dashcam.

Back