Best dash cams for commercial fleets (and much more)

trace.me

Reaction score
Country
Montenegro
Hello to all. My name is Risto and I'm from Montenegro. This is my first post obviously. :)

Dash cams are not really a thing yet in my country and even in the region, but I think they will be soon and I want to jump on that bandwagon. I have a plan to start selling dash cams to businesses (B2B). I think there is a need for it in a large companies or in other suitable companies (like taxi firms, deliveries of various kinds, big market chains, distributors, driving schools etc.). I choose this for beginning because I don't need a large sum of money for advertising and marketing and I know exactly who my customers are. Later if I succeed I will sell to people also.

I ordered 2 Chinese cameras over Aliexpress, they are pretty fair priced and they are decent but nothing more. I need good cameras if I want to sell it to big companies. I need one type that record just outside and one that can record both outside and inside of a vehicle. I'm also interested in what these cameras can do beside recording. (GPS tracking, time and date stamp, live broadcast, speed tracking etc.). Video quality is important, but not crucial, because for companies is important to see when their drivers are not following the route and just to have proof they are not guilty in case of accident, they will not record anything for leisure and fun purposes. So some additional functions are much more important. Also, I want to know is there any suitable software that I can run for this companies for a monthly subscription fee, where I can make statistics of where they exactly drove, how much time they needed for certain destination, speed limits breaches and similar stuff like that, so that I can recommend them different routes, warn them about certain drivers who work for them etc.? And most important, is there any suggestion of who should I contact to sell me these cameras.

Sorry for long post, I will really appreciate the answer. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello to all. My name is Risto and I'm from Montenegro. This is my first post obviously. :)

Dash cams are not really a thing yet in my country and even in the region, but I think they will be soon and I want to jump on that bandwagon. I have a plan to start selling dash cams to businesses (B2B). I think there is a need for it in a large companies or in other suitable companies (like taxi firms, deliveries of various kinds, big market chains, distributors, driving schools etc.). I choose this for beginning because I don't need a large sum of money for advertising and marketing and I know exactly who my customers are. Later if I succeed I will sell to people also.

I ordered 2 Chinese cameras over Aliexpress, they are pretty fair priced and they are decent but nothing more. I need good cameras if I want to sell it to big companies. I need one type that record just outside and one that can record both outside and inside of a vehicle. I'm also interested in what these cameras can do beside recording. (GPS tracking, time and date stamp, live broadcast, speed tracking etc.). Video quality is important, but not crucial, because for companies is important to see when their drivers are not following the route and just to have proof they are not guilty in case of accident, they will not record anything for leisure and fun purposes. So some additional functions are much more important. Also, I want to know is there any suitable software that I can run for this companies for a monthly subscription fee, where I can make statistics of where they exactly drove, how much time they needed for certain destination, speed limits breaches and similar stuff like that, so that I can recommend them different routes, warn them about certain drivers who work for them etc.? And most important, is there any suggestion of who should I contact to sell me these cameras.

Sorry for long post, I will really appreciate the answer. Thank you.
I think you are mixed up a little bit or confused.All the things and all companies you listed above in your already have or don't need dashcam's.They can simply do all the stuff you name it with a simple GPS tracker device.I don't meant anything bad.In my country most of companies like that already have GPS devices in their car and they monitor,drivers routes,pauses,time spend in driving or when car is parked,do drivers drive car's out of their work time(personal use),they can monitor speed too.
P.S. I am from Serbia,so i think the same situation is in Montenegro.:)

I think you are mixed up a little bit or confused.All the things and all companies you listed above in your already have or don't need dashcam's.They can simply do all the stuff you name it with a simple GPS tracker device.I don't meant anything bad.In my country most of companies like that already have GPS devices in their car and they monitor,drivers routes,pauses,time spend in driving or when car is parked,do drivers drive car's out of their work time(personal use),they can monitor speed too.
P.S. I am from Serbia,so i think the same situation is in Montenegro.:)

Damn it, I didn't know that. Thank you for the info. So basically you are saying that this big companies don't need dash cams for anything except as a proof in traffic accidents?

Damn it, I didn't know that. Thank you for the info. So basically you are saying that this big companies don't need dash cams for anything except as a proof in traffic accidents?
Well I am not sure about that 100%,you should ask around and offer them dashcam's,but I can't realize what reason they would have for a dashcam's in their car's.Most of car's big companies have are bought new trough bank credit-leasing,they change them every 4-5 years and all of them are full(kasko osiguranje) insured in insurance companies.You should try anyway,who knows maybe they need dashcam,you can't lose anything.

Back