Best Dashcam $100-$150 range?

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
I'm looking to invest in a dashcam and want decent day/night quality. My budget would prefer $100-$150 range but can be up to $200 I guess... Any suggestion is welcome, been looking at quite a few but it's either a bit too expensive or not too sure about quality. GPS would be nice to have but I guess it isn't too necessary.

Anyone heard of Papago P1Pro? ttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Papago-P1-PRO-F ... 3381fd7984
Papago P2X? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PAPAGO-P2X- ... 5d4001c49e
Aiptek X5? http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIPTEK-X5-Car-C ... 35c8bee4ca
Mio 368? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mio-368-MiVue36 ... 66&vxp=mtr
Shadow-Tec GT450W? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1875

Papago P2Pro looks nice but way over by budget.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PAPAGO-P2-P ... 5d40ff04c7 Those features might be handy, similar to the Vico-WF1
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
Search these forums. In the meantime look at the GT300W/LS300W/Mobius/SJ1000/DR32, all without GPS and within your budget of 100-150
 
OP
R

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
Gurkha9 said:
Search these forums. In the meantime look at the GT300W/LS300W/Mobius/SJ1000/DR32, all without GPS.
Been searching, just not sure which one would be the best fit for me, also updated my post with some dashcam I found on eBay by some Taiwanese company, they look nice and all, not sure how they perform though.
 

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
Aiptek X5 is a good cam with good quality but you also have to consider it's form factor - large.
Many people want a discreet camera, so that would not be a first choice.
First decide what fits in your intended application, then look for cams that meet the size you're looking for.
The ones I mentioned above currently represent some of the best image quality for the price paid. There are others of course.
GT450W is brand new and based on the same Novatek NT96650 processor as GT300W/LS300W with 6G lens as well.
 
OP
R

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
Gurkha9 said:
Aiptek X5 is a good cam with good quality but you also have to consider it's form factor - large.
Many people want a discreet camera, so that would not be a first choice.
First decide what fits in your intended application, then look for cams that meet the size you're looking for.
The ones I mentioned above currently represent some of the best image quality for the price paid. There are others of course.
GT450W is brand new and based on the same Novatek NT96650 processor as GT300W/LS300W with 6G lens as well.
Yeah, I would want something small, from pictures, I can't really tell if the dashcam is small or not. Where would I be able to get the GT450W from a reputable seller? GT450W looks smaller than the GT300W/LS300W.

Right now, I'm just going through some Taiwanese brands to see which one looks decent and some chinese brands since most Korean dashcam are pretty much out of budget. I would prefer something with clear night quality and daytime also, will most likely mount it on a Mazda CX-5 (CUV) or Honda Insight (compact car) so I would want it not too visible to the public.
 

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
runtohell121 said:
Yeah, I would want something small, from pictures, I can't really tell if the dashcam is small or not. Where would I be able to get the GT450W from a reputable seller? GT450W looks smaller than the GT300W/LS300W.
Issue with GT450W is that it's a clam shell design, unlike GT300W/LS300W. Depends what works for you.
FoxOffer is a good place to buy the GT450W/LS300W/GT300W as are a few places on Aliexpress (ShenZhen Saddle).
To give you an idea here's my GT300W mounted behind my rear view mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tmjfvuv6hurladt/EnbiusRFqw
A camera like a Mobius is ultra small and can fit almost anywhere. See review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wmIyD1fM4M
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
Gurkha9 said:
runtohell121 said:
Yeah, I would want something small, from pictures, I can't really tell if the dashcam is small or not. Where would I be able to get the GT450W from a reputable seller? GT450W looks smaller than the GT300W/LS300W.
Issue with GT450W is that it's a clam shell design, unlike GT300W/LS300W. Depends what works for you.
FoxOffer is a good place to buy the GT450W/LS300W/GT300W as are a few places on Aliexpress (ShenZhen Saddle).
To give you an idea here's my GT300W mounted behind my rear view mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tmjfvuv6hurladt/EnbiusRFqw
A camera like a Mobius is ultra small and can fit almost anywhere. See review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wmIyD1fM4M
I think the clam shell design is decent, but that's just my opinion. Not sure how big the whole thing is though.

I don't really like the Mobius look, so much like a spy cam.

edit: what's the difference between GT350W and GT300W/LS300W?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
Branding basically if the difference between the GT300W/LS300W. GT350W - there appears to be more than one manufacturer so specs may vary.
They all use the NT96650 processor and similar sensors.
 

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
runtohell121 said:
I think the clam shell design is decent, but that's just my opinion. Not sure how big the whole thing is though.
The link you used above for the GT450W clearly has pictures with the dimensions in CM! Not too hard to convert that to inches :)
 
OP
R

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
Well, if you were to buy one soon, which one would you get within this price range? The GT450W, GT300W/LS300W all seems to be decent quality within the price range with the exception of missing GPS(?)
 
OP
R

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
How is the JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=505

It looks decent for under $200 with GPS dongle... Is it true that it requires the "genuine" micro sdhc from them or can I use any (Sandisk Ultra)?

Also, since majority of the dash cam says max is 32gb, do anyone know if it might support 64gb?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgesNJR

Member
Joined
May 31, 2013
Messages
330
Reaction score
3
Location
Curitiba
Country
Brazil
Dash Cam
Dod LS300W + 32GB Class 10 Samsung Plus
read all topic .... some overheat issues and quality drop
 

Andrew*Debbie

New Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Anglesey
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
F500LHD
runtohell121 said:
My budget would prefer $100-$150 range but can be up to $200 I guess... Any suggestion is welcome

A good F500LHD clone is at the bottom end of your price range. I'm happy with mine. Debbie was surprised how well it works considering the price. There certainly are better cams for $150 - $200.

Sample video clips cut from my first full day of use. Some scenes show the camera's limitations. Be sure to watch at 1080p and full screen. The .mov files direct from the cam look a little better.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1qYdUdQIeo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
GeorgesNJR said:
read all topic .... some overheat issues and quality drop
I've been looking at topics... and just not sure which one would be the best for my price range of $100 to $200 max..
 

GeorgesNJR

Member
Joined
May 31, 2013
Messages
330
Reaction score
3
Location
Curitiba
Country
Brazil
Dash Cam
Dod LS300W + 32GB Class 10 Samsung Plus
runtohell121 said:
GeorgesNJR said:
read all topic .... some overheat issues and quality drop
I've been looking at topics... and just not sure which one would be the best for my price range of $100 to $200 max..
ive got a LS300W is a superb camera all around plus small size.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1773
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
GeorgesNJR said:
runtohell121 said:
GeorgesNJR said:
read all topic .... some overheat issues and quality drop
I've been looking at topics... and just not sure which one would be the best for my price range of $100 to $200 max..
ive got a LS300W is a superb camera all around plus small size.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1773
I still can't figure out the differences between LS300W, GT300W and GT350W... and now, the GT450W which is somewhat a smaller form factor but some say it's the same internals/chips as LS300W/GT300W
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgesNJR

Member
Joined
May 31, 2013
Messages
330
Reaction score
3
Location
Curitiba
Country
Brazil
Dash Cam
Dod LS300W + 32GB Class 10 Samsung Plus
LS300W and GT300w is same Clamshel , close same hardware except one is OEM other is Retail.
and Dod got better Control Quality seems.

Tiotech does the GT300W is OEM , DOD does LS300W is Retail

id stick over LS300W, Dod Quality Seems premium line.

GT450w is new model of Tiotech.
 
OP
R

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
GeorgesNJR said:
LS300W and GT300w is same Clamshel , close same hardware except one is OEM other is Retail.
and Dod got better Control Quality seems.

Tiotech does the GT300W is OEM , DOD does LS300W is Retail

id stick over LS300W, Dod Quality Seems premium line.

GT450w is new model of Tiotech.
Which one is cheaper out of the GT300W and LS300W? Firmware would be the same I assume?

There isn't much information on the GT450W from users yet is there? The price point right now on foxoffer seems to be cheaper than the GT300W/LS300W, but the GT350W is the cheapest out of the bunch.
 
OP
R

runtohell121

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
680
Reaction score
186
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X700, Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Vantrue N4, Zenfox T3
GeorgesNJR said:
gt300w is cheaper.
So technically all the internals are the same as LS300W except build quality? I'm pretty much deciding between GT450W and LS300W/GT300W.

Unless someone else recommend other brands, been trying to look for Taiwanese or Korean brands under $200
 
Top