Best Discrete Non-Display Dashcam?

David Watt

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm going to add a rear window dashcam. Is the Mobius still the best discrete, non-display dashcam?

I want something small/flat/thin as I hope to stick it directly to my roof lining, keeping it as flush and discrete as possible.

Mobius still seems to fit the bill best, but just wanted to see if there were any other options.

He is too polite to mention his own SGZC12RC, while it do have a screen it is on the main unit and the little camera unit is on the end of a wire.

Good thing with that is you can have the main unit with the screen and memory card in the front of your car, that way you dont have to go to the rear to retrieve the SD card if needed.

He is too polite to mention his own SGZC12RC, while it do have a screen it is on the main unit and the little camera unit is on the end of a wire.

Good thing with that is you can have the main unit with the screen and memory card in the front of your car, that way you dont have to go to the rear to retrieve the SD card if needed.

lol...thanks, it's a good option too, but the screen would be wasted as I won't use it. And it's a lot more money than the Mobius. if I was looking for something more robust I'd consider it. I do use the SG9665GC V2 up front, and am happy with it.

Yeah you cant really use that little screen for much but aiming the thing and then do in camera format once in a while, it should also have better low light performance with its IMX 322 sensor.
But since we are talking a rear camera then sure i am a fan of the mobius or similar too, if there is no ambient light you wont be recording anything but darkness or a set of headlights back there anyway.

And a little camera like mobius on a DIY magnet mount on the headliner is quick to rip out of the car for DL of footage on the computer, i cant recommend messing with the little micro SD cards if you can get around it, or at least not mess wit them in the car where there is so many hiding places when the little card launch.

Mobius isn't the best at either low-light or daytime vids, but is rock-solid reliable even in adverse conditions. If the vid quality is good enough for you it is an excellent choice and a bargain. When it gets further developed Mobius2 should be better but it's not there yet. The JooVuu "X" costs more and IMHO isn't getting the development it deserves but it could be another option. Not too many 'screenless' cams worth discussing really :rolleyes:

Phil

Back