Best Dual channel Street guardian with external battery

Newbee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am new here and this is my first post.

I am interested in street guardian brand and would like to buy dual channel camera which I am planning to run from an external battery. I am not interested in any hard wiring. Most of the time my car is parked in locked garage and go out only weekends or holidays.

The key features I am looking for are:
-Best video quality.

-Able to work with external battery pack.(and any recommendations please. I am looking to record for 2 continuous days from battery and will take home to charge it when parked in garage)

-Parking mode with motion sensor for both front and rear. How many seconds before and after a motion is detected.

-Continuous recording in external battery during parking with external battery.

-Finally view/store the recorded videos from the card or from the camera should be easy

-Dashcam with super capacitors

- Reliable UK warranty and support

Ok I can live without it but may I know how the parking mode works in street guardian other than G sensor.

Could you explain how the timelapse and low bitrate recording works.

Which dashcam model would fit my requirements please.

using the three wire hardwire kit the camera switches modes, timelapse is 1fps, 2,fps or 5fps, low bitrate recording is 30fps at 5mbit, to do that from a battery would require something like a Cellink Neo that has three wire output

DCPRO or X2PRO+ with optional rear camera are the current two channel choices

Will these two models DC and DCPro works directly from an external battery source like Anker?

Any specific voltage requirements or limitations that I should be aware of?

I know the external battery will usually come with 5V/3A.

Yes I understand that. But I want to know if it will work in Normal mode with any battery size or voltage. I read somewhere that it requires a minimum 13000 mAh.

I can see there are multiple size options. Does that mean if I buy a smaller memory system then I can't use a bigger size memory card in it? Does the dashcam come with an memory card for the quoted selling price?

I am looking at HiNiko website here as I believe this is the only website for UK other than Amazon.

What are the methods available to download the video and view the video.

I know there is a small inbuilt screen to view the video? Can we also use mobile phone to connect to camera and download?

Some cameras have wifi today among thost the DC and DCPRO, i cant recall if the X2PRO+ also support wifi, but really for a pleasurable viewing experience, you are best off taking the memory card out of the camera to playback its content on a computer.
WIFI in current cameras are not that fast, but it can work if you just want to DL a single file, but downloading or playing back more files / maybe looking for a event or a small detail you will find much more easy on the computer with a larger screen.
You also still need to look over the memory card now and then, it take me 5 - 10 minutes to look over a 128 GB memory card focusing on the start and end file of drive sessions, and then some random files after that.
You don't have to inspect the full file, just enough seconds so you can see it can play, and see it is a file starting or stopping in a place you would expect. So that could be at home / where you shop / where you work / at family ASO
Most modern televisions also support file playback from their USB plug, so you could plug the memory card into the provided USB reader, and then plug that into your TV.

IMO wifi are only usable if you have to share a file right here and now, and i don't think you are forced to do that anywhere in the western world, its surely not something i would do.
I have shared footage with police a few times, but at my leisure, and they don't mind that at all.

Last edited:
Can timelapse or low-bitrate mode be manually enabled from the interface? I too am curious about adhoc parked recording using a battery pack.

Can timelapse or low-bitrate mode be manually enabled from the interface? I too am curious about adhoc parked recording using a battery pack.
no, the parking modes require the three wire hardwire cable to be operational, it won't work from a battery pack unless it's something like a Cellink Neo with three wire output

Back