Best dual discrete dash cam, high quality AND GPS

You'll need to look at your car and see what type of fuses you already use. What kind of car is it?

Mobius suggests Kingston brand microSD cards, but I think I looked into the 64GB in that brand and couldn't fine one. Others will chime in with what they used, I do recall that you only need a class...4 card, sometimes class 10 is cheaper though.

Install is pretty straight forward and simple, do you have basic tools and maybe a test light?

I would not say it is expensive, I would say it's justified. They have to pay a lot of taxes, for garage, security, cleaners, book-keepers, staff etc. I belive from 139GBP they have half of the money for worker which might fully install your 2ch system within 3-4 hours ( depending on car make and complexity of job ). Getting around 15-20GBP p/h for specialized job is not big money to be fair.

There are few choices in regards to installation:
1. You know what to do and install yourself. This may take from few hours to full day, depending on how well you know car electrical system, which fuse to chose, how to remove safely trim panels etc.
2. Give good bottle of whiskey to your firend who thinks knows what to do and maybe already done similar jobs in the past, but still he can not fully guarantee all surprises with trim-panels removal / installation, etc. and of course he may not be liable for future faults.
3. You pay to company for their know-how on removing / installing trim panels without braking them, they know safe way to run cables / hardwire, etc. Also all jobs are insured and they give warranty for their installation. This is where 139GBP comes from and I believe it is justified figure, however of course myself personally would not pay, because I am like many others thinking "I know what I am doing". Truth is that in many cases I am wrong and later have to google for many hours on how to fix electrical fault, or where I can find broken trim-panel part etc ;)

You'll need to look at your car and see what type of fuses you already use. What kind of car is it?

Mobius suggests Kingston brand microSD cards, but I think I looked into the 64GB in that brand and couldn't fine one. Others will chime in with what they used, I do recall that you only need a class...4 card, sometimes class 10 is cheaper though.

Install is pretty straight forward and simple, do you have basic tools and maybe a test light?

It's a "Skoda Fabia SE TDI (90) 2011 1.6L 1600cc Diesel CR Hatchback" I might actually go for the 32GB as the 32GB ones cost £8 and 64GB costs like £20 or so. Doesn't really seem worth it, until perhaps when prices come down

Tbh I wouldn't really want to do this stuff myself

I would not say it is expensive, I would say it's justified. They have to pay a lot of taxes, for garage, security, cleaners, book-keepers, staff etc. I belive from 139GBP they have half of the money for worker which might fully install your 2ch system within 3-4 hours ( depending on car make and complexity of job ). Getting around 15-20GBP p/h for specialized job is not big money to be fair.

There are few choices in regards to installation:
1. You know what to do and install yourself. This may take from few hours to full day, depending on how well you know car electrical system, which fuse to chose, how to remove safely trim panels etc.
2. Give good bottle of whiskey to your firend who thinks knows what to do and maybe already done similar jobs in the past, but still he can not fully guarantee all surprises with trim-panels removal / installation, etc. and of course he may not be liable for future faults.
3. You pay to company for their know-how on removing / installing trim panels without braking them, they know safe way to run cables / hardwire, etc. Also all jobs are insured and they give warranty for their installation. This is where 139GBP comes from and I believe it is justified figure, however of course myself personally would not pay, because I am like many others thinking "I know what I am doing". Truth is that in many cases I am wrong and later have to google for many hours on how to fix electrical fault, or where I can find broken trim-panel part etc ;)

Possibly. Im a northernet. We do cheap :D Though I guess on the flip side, if I get another car in four years or so, then I can simply rip out the stuff I can rip out (ie: camera, suction mount etc..) and then I just have to pay for labour/another hard wiring kit

I dont think I have any friends who know what they're doing here either tbh. I mean I could in theory trade a skill for them but I dont tend to do so much of that these days :D

I guess that answers that question for you then, just pay someone. You can remove all the parts if you get a new car, out is always easier than in. You just follow the trail of cords and disassemble.

That's fine then :D I guess the parts come to a total of £162.34.
Installation is £139
Total: £301.34
Oh I guess I also need the "add a fuse" thing (x2?), so that would bump it up a little bit
Now the question is would the installer also install the super capacitor I wonder. Can't imagine thatd be quite hard any how

You do need the add a fuse x2, assuming the installer is planning on using them. I did look up your cars fuse box, but I never know if what I'm looking at is correct and it looks like you use 2 types of fuses so again it would depend on where the installer is adding them. If you're using a reputable shop they should have the ability to get those once they figure out how they are going to put them in. I don't know what they would be your cost, but here they are $5-$7 each US.

The super capacitor takes all of 3 minutes (that's including 1 minute to find the right screw driver) to replace. They may not do it because that would involve opening it up. There is a youtube video on how to do this. If you have a small set of say eye glass repair tools, that screw driver should work.

You do need the add a fuse x2, assuming the installer is planning on using them. I did look up your cars fuse box, but I never know if what I'm looking at is correct and it looks like you use 2 types of fuses so again it would depend on where the installer is adding them. If you're using a reputable shop they should have the ability to get those once they figure out how they are going to put them in. I don't know what they would be your cost, but here they are $5-$7 each US.

The super capacitor takes all of 3 minutes (that's including 1 minute to find the right screw driver) to replace. They may not do it because that would involve opening it up. There is a youtube video on how to do this. If you have a small set of say eye glass repair tools, that screw driver should work.

Think I MAY have seen this for around £5 or so each so there's that. Yeah I looked up that YouTube video as well. Seems pretty straight forward tbh. Tbh, Im happy with opening up electronics; not so happy opening up my car! :D I may ask at "briskoda" as to which ones I need tbh. I think the other term is "piggyback" For me, Id want it set up, so it powers up when the car is powered up and powers down when the car is powered down (ie: not taking any more juice from the car battery)

Back