Best firmware version for viofo a129 duo

I'm having some problems with downgrading the camera - from my understanding it's the same process as when you upgrade right ?
My camera won't downgrade or upgrade to custom v1.9
My steps for downgrade
- Formatted an SD Card
- Mounted the camera to pc and copied the firmware on it
- Unplugged the camera from pc, replugged and normally that's when the upgrade-dongrade process starts but in my case camera goes back to card reader mode and i see the the firmware i uploaded to the card disappeared and nothing happens

Any suggestions ?

It goes to card reader mode as it's powered from the computer, power it with the cig charger instead

Reactions: Mtz
For the V1.9 T7 beta version, it supports exFat, better to handle files loop recording for big capacity memory card. But if the card is exFat, it will not support firmware upgrade, still have to format as FAT32.
It is always a challenge for the camera to handle big capacity memory card and often uses the parking mode, as it will record many small files.
If someone tries to test the T7 beta version and use 128GB or 256GB card, please try the exFat file format.

Hi @viofo , 2 quick questions ;)

Any ETA for the 2.0? and where can I obtain the beta 1.9 T7 and his change log?

Regards.

I pushed my luck after the v1.5 firmware had been working and installed the beta v1.9. The camera stopped switching over to parking mode completely. I guess it's time to go back to v1.5.

I am using 1.9 in motion detection / buffered parking mode for a few months already. It seems OK. The motion detection is sensitive enough on the highest sensitivity. I don't mind having false positives - it's impossible to have that working perfectly - than missing an important event.
The only thing that I complained / still complaining about, is the g-sensor sensitivity. Still waiting for a new stable release that addresses this issue.

What are the best options to make Parking Mode work well in v1.5 firmware?
So that in the event of a collision in the parking lot, the video is correctly recorded to be visible.

Parking mode: Auto Event Detection vs Time Lapse 1/2/3/5/10fps vs Low bitrate recording
G-sensor: Low / Medium / High sensitivity

Thanks for help.

What are the best options to make Parking Mode work well in v1.5 firmware?
So that in the event of a collision in the parking lot, the video is correctly recorded to be visible.

Parking mode: Auto Event Detection vs Time Lapse 1/2/3/5/10fps vs Low bitrate recording
G-sensor: Low / Medium / High sensitivity

Thanks for help.
I would recommend low bitrate to ensure everything is recorded, with sound. Then high sensitivity so that any big impact is saved to the RO folder.

Back