Best firmware version for viofo a129 duo

kadobay

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo-G
What is the best firmware version for viofo a129 duo?
Which version do you use?
v1.5 -
v1.8 -
v1.9 -
v1.9 beta

There's a 1.9 beta?

1.9 dates back to July of '19

Why hasn't there been updates since?

There's a 1.9 beta?

1.9 dates back to July of '19

Why hasn't there been updates since?

Last edited:
Can you please keep it in English?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

v1.9 BETA did work quite well for some people, G-sensor sensitivity was improved I think. I had issues with this firmware though.

I found v1.5 quite stable although there is no buffered parking mode in this firmware.

I used the "v1.9 beta" version for about 2 months. I received the warning "All data will be erased cancel /ok" so many times. I was not satisfied and I restored firmware v1.5 a few days ago.

I've gone back to most recent official v1.9 after trying the latest v1.9 beta.

@kadobay I got once in 1 month your issue using V1.9 official (no beta) . Hopping, this don't happens again.
Otherwise I will do like you and revert it in 1.5...

Hello,

But why the 1.5 is the more stable and not 1.9?

v1,9t completely problematic version for me.
I was unstable between v1.9 and v1.5 and finally installed v1.5.
By the way, I had a car battery problem yesterday, and for now I've disabled parking mode.

What type of battery car problem?
Because I have 2 x Viofo A129 Duo in the car: first one set to auto cut @ 12.2V and second to auto cut @12.0V (so I have 3 wire kit x 2 - front and back).
Bot of them are running on 1.5

I was in holiday, and after 2 weeks I found the car battery dead. I saw that they regisster about 3-4 days (3fps parking mode).

Why.. I don't know.

195/5000

my vehicle did not work, my battery voltage was low, 11.40v
battery protection circuit may be broken.
sometimes it may be malfunctioning.
it may not have ended video recording at the set voltage.
these are the things that come to my mind

Update, that beta 1.9T7 FW did more harm then good

I've found it locked up, not recording with alarming regularity

It no longer keeps time

While I like the new parking mode entry delay, now I've got issues getting out of parking mode

Every time I get back into my car, it's triggering an impact event, gets sorta stuck in parking mode, and doesn't record as I drive away

Saving video files with the lock button is unreliable, BT button refuses to pair

I'm reflashing the previous release 1.9, and looking into another brand of camera

I can't trust it anymore to actually record, and I spend far too much time fiddling and tweaking these days

$250 down the drain.

I just went back to v1.5. I've been running v1.9, and while I like the concept of the buffered parking mode, the motion detection is too sensitive even on low, and I've been getting the "All data will be erased" message once the card fills up, even though loop recording is on...

We'll see how v1.5 w/ a low framerate in parking mode goes.

I use V1.5 in my car with low bitrate parking - that seems to be very reliable. I just bought another A129 and noticed it came with V1.5 installed, so I left it at that.

Can someone post a link to 1.5 firmware please - v1.9 not working best for me.

Thank you

Back