Best front and rear dash cam options?

LUUKE

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I was just wondering what is the best option to get front and rear camera with a very high quality?

I read about lots of cameras and settled on these options if you could help me out.

Street guardian SG9663DC

Viofo A129

Front A119S and Rear A119S

Front SGGCX2 and Rear SGGCX2

Are these really the best companies on the market as they say truly on reviews and sites?

Video quality and high durability and high customer support is priority.

Another question: the Viofo A119S, being 1080p60fps, and SGGCX2, being 1080p30fps, isnt the 30fps difference between these 2 cameras impact on video quality? what is the better one overall?

60fps is an advantage in well lit situations, in poorer lighting 30fps is superior

Thank you for your reply sir

I was just wondering, what are the main differences between the A119S and the SGGCX2?

Also, what is the best and logical option do you see out of my options to set front and rear camera on my car ? Some people say just get 2 A119S and get 2 high qualitie cameras and save the rest of the money. While on the contrary there are DC cameras. I am a bit confused about some concepts here.

Hyundai Elantra 2012

ok nothing difficult about your vehicle from an installation perspective, if you have a dual channel camera the recordings are synced and file saves are for both cameras, with single channel cameras saving files for the rear can be difficult

ok nothing difficult about your vehicle from an installation perspective, if you have a dual channel camera the recordings are synced and file saves are for both cameras, with single channel cameras saving files for the rear can be difficult

So whether I install a DC like A129 or SG9663DC, it would be the same quality of installing 2 seperate units of A119S or SG? I a little bit concerned to get the best quality possible to capture number plates of a hit-and-run from behind or front. Thats the main reason I am getting 2 dash cams

In the past years we have recommended 2 single cameras for optimal image quality, but the new hardware for dual channel cameras should be just as good as single channel cameras.

Personally i have been running several single cameras in the past years, and it is annoying to have to go to each camera to get the memory card, so i have changed to dual channel when i could.

So whether I install a DC like A129 or SG9663DC, it would be the same quality of installing 2 seperate units of A119S or SG? I a little bit concerned to get the best quality possible to capture number plates of a hit-and-run from behind or front. Thats the main reason I am getting 2 dash cams

I can't comment on the Viofo models but to use a similar scenario the SG9663DC will give a better result than using 2 x SGGCX2, dual channel cameras used to be somewhat limited performance wise so for quite some time two individual cameras was the better option

That seems logical to me now.

So ill just be waiting for full release and reviews shortly for A129.

other than the SG9663DC and A129, what are the competitives that I should consider when choosing a DC dash cam? are there any other choices better than those ?

That seems logical to me now.

So ill just be waiting for full release and reviews shortly for A129.

other than the SG9663DC and A129, what are the competitives that I should consider when choosing a DC dash cam? are there any other choices better than those ?
The A129 is a good choice, I've not tried the SG dual camera, but having the same Starvis sensor for both front and rear has to be an advantage. If you wanted cheaper then there is the mini 0906, but that is not built to the same quality and the image quality is not as good.

Since you are in USA with tiny writing on your license plates you might benefit from higher resolution than 1080, hard to find in a decent dual camera, so for example two Viofo A119 might be an option if you use it mainly in sunshine. At night the A129 will do better.

Back