Best Hardwire w/ Voltage Protection & Parking Idea (B1W)

tmanXX

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just picked up a Blueskysea B1W (for $41 on PrimeDay) as my first dash cam. Figured I would go this route before spending money on the likes of a Blackvue DR900S-2ch.
Even though this cam does not have a parking mode, I don't want to have to rewire if I decide to upgrade the cam.
I was thinking of the Blackvue Magic Pro, as it seems to have good reviews, but it has a cigarette light adapter in the wiring. Has anyone cut that off and wired a micro USB end directly to it?
Or is there a better wiring recommendation?

Also, any thoughts on which video partition time to use? 1, 3, or 5 minutes?

Thanks in advance!!

Other related info:
Picked up a Sandisk Endurance MicroSD. Not my first choice, but it was cheap.
Cam came with the latest firmware.
Tested it in the house prior to mounting, quality looks decent. Still need to change the WiFi SSID & Password.

the output is 12v, you can't just connect a USB connector to it, you could still use and just plug the supplied B1W power adapter into the PMP as they're intended to be used

The B1W has a cigarette lighter adapter to plug into the PMP. Just connect it that way and tape it so it doesn't come apart and tuck it under the dash and zip tien it out of the way. You're done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

the output is 12v, you can't just connect a USB connector to it, you could still use and just plug the supplied B1W power adapter into the PMP as they're intended to be used
The B1W has a cigarette lighter adapter to plug into the PMP. Just connect it that way and tape it so it doesn't come apart and tuck it under the dash and zip tien it out of the way. You're done.

Thank you for your input. Didn't think of the difference in voltage. Was looking to avoid that adapter cluster in/under my dash..

Back