Best low light dashcam max. 100$

ursamajor

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A129+, LS650W, GoClever DVR Extreme Gold
Hi! I want to buy a ``best buy `` camera at max. 100$, having decent low light capabilities. Is there something like this? And more mportant, I would be interested where to buy ORIGINAL one. Thanks in advance.

depends what other features you need but an 0801 or GT series cam is probably best options around that money

Having studied many videos, I personally rate the Mobius Action Cam as delivering the best video quality day or night, in the under $100 price bracket.

Soon available with new wider angle lens ... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=1984

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
russ331 said:
Having studied many videos, I personally rate the Mobius Action Cam as delivering the best video quality day or night, in the under $100 price bracket.

Soon available with new wider angle lens ... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=1984

Unfortunately I disagree with you. Mobius is good within up to 60-70usd price range, no doubt. But Close to 100 usd price range GT300W beats Mobius at night.
I have made side by side tests Mobius vs LS300W ( which is same as GT300W ). Day time Mobius had slight richness in colours ( not that much difference ), but at night LS300W was better than Mobius.
Also GT550W, GT450W, and GT680W will be from same category as LS300W / GT300W.

OK, I understood. Now, my second demand was where to buy original dashcams, because those chinese filled the market (since the '70-'80, I remember) with crappy stuff, cheap garbage and not only in electronics area, but in all areas of products. They succeded to sabotage the capitalism more than other communist countries... :D

niko said:
Unfortunately I disagree with you. Mobius is good within up to 60-70usd price range, no doubt. But Close to 100 usd price range GT300W beats Mobius at night.

I concede your point, however, I was taking ursamajor's $100 Max strictly. GT300W exceeds the budget, cheapest deal being FoxOffer at $106.

Eletoponline sells the Mobius at $69 ... well within budget & excellent 'bang for buck'.

russ331 said:
niko said:

I concede your point, however, I was taking ursamajor's $100 Max strictly. GT300W exceeds the budget, cheapest deal being FoxOffer at $106.

Eletoponline sells the Mobius at $69 ... well within budget & excellent 'bang for buck'.

GT550W & GT680W are "under" 100usd and I believe if you talk nice, then Foxoffer can sell GT300W as well for 99.90usd ?

ursamajor said:
OK, I understood. Now, my second demand was where to buy original dashcams, because those chinese filled the market (since the '70-'80, I remember) with crappy stuff, cheap garbage and not only in electronics area, but in all areas of products. They succeded to sabotage the capitalism more than other communist countries... :D

My philosophy:
I think it is only "us" to blame for cheap garbage, not hard working Chinese people. It's "we" who like sharks always looking for bargain. If "we" would not be that greedy and cheap, then there would'n be a "garbage" around. So there is nothing to blame China. Hope you see my point.
These days majority of electronics and other stuff comes from China ( even high-end technology and quality products comes from there ), - so they do a high quality products as well. Most important is how to recognise what is quality and what is garbage.

Regarding dash cameras, then if you read through different threads, then there are many dash cams from different price-ranges which have strong feedback.
If budget is approx 100usd, then dash cams mentioned above are most recommended.
If you stretch your budget 200-300usd, - then we can discuss in the other thread.
So, it's all about how much you willing to pay. ( you get what you pay ! )

My point was that nobody forcing "us" to buy a junk. We all have a choice to buy or not to buy at all.

You don't know me to judge who I am and where I am originally coming from. I it is certainly not allow to muck up any person or any country like you do going into discrimination and politics stuff.

ursamajor said:
because those chinese filled the market (since the '70-'80, I remember) with crappy stuff, cheap garbage and not only in electronics area, but in all areas of products. They succeded to sabotage the capitalism more than other communist countries...

ursamajor said:
I know, your philosophy is an occidental wooden language. You were so "democratic" with the gipsies too, but when they invaded you, you begun to be xenophobs.
You don't know the reality of the market from my young democracy country, invaded with fakes and "chinescum" and rubbish stuff. There are no laws to limit this invasion of this bad taste. You, in west are better protected and maybe I would talk like you if I was Irish.
So, only Foxoffer is trusted store?

This is not an intelligent way to talk here, assaulting and discriminating other people and countries @ yours " .... you in the west ..., Chinese succeeded to sabotage the capitalism .... , Irish begun to be xenophobes .... "

"Mtz" is also from Romania, but I never heard from him ( or any other forum member ) being talking the way you talk. It must be all about how intelligent is each individual person.

You are braking an International and DashCamTalk laws.

( Rules when registering on the site )
Members of DashCamTalk, must follow the following rules:

1. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where DashCamTalk is hosted or International Law.
2. Treat other members with respect. While debating and heated discussion is fine, we will not tolerate personal attacks, rudeness or inflammatory posts.
3. The site is a PG-13. Please keep your language clean and do not post or link to offensive material.
4. The Location field in your profile is now mandatory. Please ensure your location field is accurate. This should contain your country. It is optional to include your region / state / city / town.
5. Each member is allowed one account. Multiple user account registrations for one individual are not permitted. When discovered, we reserve the right to delete, revoke or merge any or all of these accounts, without further notice.
6. Do not falsely represent yourself as another person or as a representative of a business that you do not actually represent.
7. Dash Cam manufacturers and retailers are currently allowed to post on the forums. Please identify yourself as a manufacturer or retailer either in your signature or via a website link. We will assign you a "Retailer" or "Manufacturer" rank which will appear under your user name when you post. Ensure your posts add value to the discussion rather than just being spam.
8. Spamming is not allowed and will result in having your account removed.

Breaking the above rules may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that DashCamTalk has the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit.

Ask MTZ about the romanian market and he will tell you the same thing.
On the other hand I didn't break the law at all, as you want to suggest... just wanted to highlight that here the rubbish stuff are 99% from the market. And that's not by the will of the consumer.
Do me a favor and tell me what percent are good chinese vendors, selling original products, and what percent are swindlers, selling fake products? Is the truth so disturbing?

I wouldn't suggest a Möbius for a dash cam. It isn't designed as a dedicated dash cam and the heat sink requires air flow to prevent it from overheating.

A few users on the rcgroups forum have had dead batteries after the camera overheats.

Reactions: Jim
The Eletoponline site indicates 2,956 Mobius units sold.

How many heat-related issues reported? Maybe 10?

So, >99% of Mobius cams have no problem.

It remains top of my Wishlist for the time being.

Most of those 3,000 units were likely sold for radio control operations not dash cams.

Well I've been using the Mobius since July and have no problems so far. Camera stays in the car all the time.
Use a few precautions like a sunshade and AC when driving and it should be no different than most cams with a built in battery.

DashCamMan said:
Most of those 3,000 units were likely sold for radio control operations not dash cams.

I suspect that many sales resulted from the 83,000 views of Techmoan's YouTube video review, which commended the Mobius as a better dashcam than virtually all others he's tested.

Most cars have aircon, so the Mobius will enjoy a 22 degC environment for much of the time, probably an easier life than when used as an action cam.

About 700 car charger adapters have been sold out of the 3,000 sales at eletoponline365. It is probably safe to assume the majority of cameras sold to date are not being used as dash cams.

DashCamMan said:
About 700 car charger adapters have been sold out of the 3,000 sales at eletoponline365. It is probably safe to assume the majority of cameras sold to date are not being used as dash cams.

Like many other people, I already have a USB adapter (actually I've got two), so the 700 sold is no indication of how many cars / vans / trucks have Mobius cameras installed.

I'll assume that Eletoponline's data is 100% accurate. At best it tells us the short term failure rate with varying conditions (car & model aircraft). However we really don't know long term conditions of 2 years or more because the camera has not been out that long.

I think the Mobius started selling in June or July 2013. Correct me if I'm wrong there. With electronics, according to the bathtub curve, if it runs OK past 90 days, chances are it will continue OK until the end of its life. However, excessive operating heat can shorten a product's life and still lack long term data to say for sure what will happen.

Bob Diaz

Reactions: Jim
Back