Best low light dual channel

With parking guard ON you have good grab and run "protection" for stuff lying in the bed of your truck.

Needless to say trucks with the rear camera on the rear glass do have a blind angle, but i will prefer that over a waterproof outside camera way out on the back of the truck, as it will get more dirt back there.
But the SG9663DCPRO i do think you can get a external waterproof camera for the rear if you want to.

If you are not in a hurry i would contact them and see if they will be having any BF deals coming, there are a little savings shopping at their place VS their Amazon listings as i understand it.

I like what I see with the SG9663DCPRO.
Consider as well the SGX2PRO+ with the optional rear camera. Internals are essentially the same (minus WIFI) but the form factor is slightly different. X2PRO+ has cable connectors on the top while the DCPRO they're on the side. That could make a difference in where/how you mount the front camera.

Consider as well the SGX2PRO+ with the optional rear camera. Internals are essentially the same (minus WIFI) but the form factor is slightly different. X2PRO+ has cable connectors on the top while the DCPRO they're on the side. That could make a difference in where/how you mount the front camera.

ooh, I see that now. hmmmm, I think in my truck it'd make sense to have the inputs at the top so it can just go straight up to the headliner.

How much is "slightly"? - I don't want half the picture to be of the bed of the truck...

I see @kamkar1 posted one of my images of the rear view of my pick-up truck above. The value of having a good view of the bed of the truck is twofold. Firstly, it provides important full coverage of both sides of the truck behind the cab. Secondly, it provides surveillance coverage of the cargo stored in the bed when parked. While doing both of these things it provides excellent coverage of everything I need to capture behind my vehicle.

For these reasons, if it were me I would tilt the camera down in the example posted by @jokiin because there is no need to capture that much sky when there are more important things to cover in your footage.

I see @kamkar1 posted one of my images of the rear view of my pick-up truck above. The value of having a good view of the bed of the truck is twofold. Firstly, it provides important full coverage of both sides of the truck behind the cab. Secondly, it provides surveillance coverage of the cargo stored in the bed when parked. While doing both of these things it provides excellent coverage of everything I need to capture behind my vehicle.

For these reasons, if it were me I would tilt the camera down in the example posted by @jokiin because there is no need to capture that much sky when there are more important things to cover in your footage.

I have a Tacoma as well, would you mind sharing install pics of your setup?

yeah could go lower, it's only one of multiple test cameras though, not really a permanent setup

I have a Tacoma as well, would you mind sharing install pics of your setup?

Until it died a miserable, untimely death I had a SG9665GC mounted on my front windshield. On the sides and rear I usually run Mobius 1 cameras mounted as shown below, (I'm looking into updating the side and rear cams). This provides generously overlapped 360º coverage all around my Tacoma which you can see an example of in THIS older post.

mobius_rear_mount.jpg

Mobius-side-mount .jpg

Until it died a miserable, untimely death I had a SG9665GC mounted on my front windshield. On the sides and rear I usually run Mobius 1 cameras mounted as shown below, (I'm looking into updating the side and rear cams). This provides generously overlapped 360º coverage all around my Tacoma which you can see an example of in THIS older post.

View attachment 49570

View attachment 49571

Wow, that is quite the setup. Do you have any pics of how your SG9665GC was mounted?

What are you using for a front cam now?

What happened to your SG9665GC?

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/failing-sg9665gc-v2.37078/page-7

Nine months of frustration dealing with the failing camera with nothing but waste-of-my-time lip service from jokiin and insulting/adversarial remarks from Street Guardian USA. Then it croaked completely.
In all fairness, the camera performed quite well for about three years until the problems started but I didn't receive any actionable help from these guys. I should have tossed it right when the troubles started.

I intend to post a long overdue follow up to this saga soon when time becomes available. Stay tuned!

Back