Best memory card for xiaomi?

Kiku

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Purchased my xiaomi cam couple of weeks ago and i have no luck on the memory card front.
Still waiting on the iphone app to come out but managed to update firmware using a old class 1 microsd lying around the house
Its a given i use a class 10 as it is video after all , would anyone recommed a particular brand ? Sdhc or sdxc? .

I use Sony SDHC 64gb, it works great for me, but its like 40$.
I think you should be OK with any class 10 microsd, just make sure its not a Chinese 2$ crap. Buy a reputable brand one, and you are good to go.

I was thinking a Sandisk 32gb SDHC seems like a reasonable price .

Never sued that particular one on this cameras, but I heard they are absolutely OK.

I am using a Sandisk 32GB now and it seems to be doing well.

The Sandisk seems like a fair price but there is so many to choose from,shame the 64Gb is a bit dear.

Spoke too soon, on support chat now with Sandisk. Card is toast... Other reports are right. This is not the old Sandisk Extreme reliability.

That's unfortunate... I never had any issues with my Sandisk cards. Maybe try Samsung if you can get a refund? Or get Sandisk Extreme series..

Thought to pay a bit more and went with Sandisk. Got a refund and went with a cheaper Kingston. Let's see what happens.

Thought to pay a bit more and went with Sandisk. Got a refund and went with a cheaper Kingston. Let's see what happens.

Hope the Kingston will work fine. At least the seller was willing to give a refund, etc.

I normally go with Sandisk Ultra or Extreme series; or Samsung, not too sure about Kingston since I haven't used their cards a in long time, only have the old 4gb card back in the days ;)

Oh god o_O i just purchased a Sandisk a couple of days ago hope it does'nt do the same thing.
I may just look into purchasing a Samsung ,MicroSd's can be so unreliable at times .

I hope your Sandisk worked better than mine. The retailer had a service tech in at the time and he said he has never seen the behaviour of my Sandisk card. Would not format properly, could see files on it but could not delete them no matter what.

The entry level SanDisk products have known issues in many DashCam products. They use a proprietary bus that has quirks on dashcams for some reason. Their larger faster speed cards seem okay though based on what I'm reading in the forms. There are many fakes as well that even the retailers don't realize from time to time

Yes, I did read that Sandisk cards were to be avoided when using them in dashcams. I was hoping this was not the case with Xiaomi Yi. I paid more for piece of mind with Sandisk but ended up with a lower cost Kingston that works better! Go figure.

Back