Best micro SD card

carguy4471

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was wondering what brands folks have had good luck with. My A129 showed up today so I'll be stopping by wally world tomorrow to grab a card for it and wanted to get something folks have had good luck with.

Thanks for any input!!

I'm using a Kingston 64 GB out of my SJCam which seems to work fine, but I'm expecting my Samsung Evo 256 GB any day now and that model for me had by far the best set of reviews.

Any thoughts on the Viofo-branded SD card being sold on Amazon?

They are MLC type. They supposed to last much longer than regular cards.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have bought the green samsung evo 256 GB and it works very well. I had problem from the biginning. I inserted the card to the cam and switch it on. It started but after couple of seconds it stopped responding and totally frozen. I had to restart it couple of times but still the same. I tried another card (64 GB) and it worked well. So I inserted the card to my computer, remove the partition in windows "Disk management" tool, add the exFAT partition using the maximum space and then I inserted the card to the cam and formated it again. Then it finally worked.

I think I read somewhere that you should format the card as step 1 to make sure it has the right filesystem on it.

I formated it (using exFAT) but it did not help. I had to use the Disk management to recreate the partition.

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks for sharing.

Any Iphone XS user experiencing with the Viofo app that videos stop automatically when you press play? Im having this issue since day one. Sometimes I have to exit the video and go back watch it completely. Currently using the Viofo Brand 32GB sd card.

what specs should I look for a sd card to avoid issues? I would like to get the best available.

Back