Best Mirror Dash Cams

I do like the big screen LCD mirrors, i would like one of those paired with a reversing camera, even if it is not very painful yet turning to look when i reverse is getting harder.

I do like the big screen LCD mirrors
they look good in theory, have a look at some youtube reviews on these aftermarket ones and you'll notice a massive shortcoming, the aspect ratio of the video is much bigger than the monitor allows and you need to touch the mirror and move the picture around to see everything, not an issue on the OEM type that some cars have these days but the aftermarket has failed at this one so far

i would like one of those paired with a reversing camera, even if it is not very painful yet turning to look when i reverse is getting harder.

does the radio in your car have a reverse cam input?

It do but i am not aware if it will change on its own upon a signal, been so long since i had the 4 channel kit in the car, and so man years since the touch screen stopped working so if something need to be done my remote can only do so little.
cant even get into the BT to pair my phone with the radio.
I can naviagate to the BT section and get in there, but then all buttons on the remote stop to work.

I have actually been contemplating getting a new head unit,,,,,, and door speakers CUZ the factory ones are pretty sad now.
But i figure most cheap speakers are better than the factory ones, so dont need to buy high end brand speakers.

I am wondering what car audio brands are going to do, many new cars seem to have some very integrated entertainment system, and i think not much room for a after market radio

It do but i am not aware if it will change on its own upon a signal,
they generally do, or at worst it uses a trigger wire from the camera to switch the display, I can send you a reverse camera next time I'm sending you something and you can give it a try

Be sure it is something i can put in the rear window, not that i am afraid to drill a hole somewhere in the back of the car.
Yeah i think using the 4 channel system back then, i had to switch away from the DVR screen to get to the radio controls, but i do think it switched itslef on with the DVR input on the AV input.

Be sure it is something i can put in the rear window, not that i am afraid to drill a hole somewhere in the back of the car.
Yeah i think using the 4 channel system back then, i had to switch away from the DVR screen to get to the radio controls, but i do think it switched itslef on with the DVR input on the AV input.
Easy to mount for reverse camera use

e89d2156913961b55075a81a806c2911.jpg

Now i think of that guy that came up with a CCTV camera with like 40 different lenses, so it could do all things at once. :)
And suddenly i also recall the idea of putting 700 or something phone cameras in the air to spy on people with gazillion pixel photos
I can work with just about anything in the back of my car, if inside the only concern is to be within wiper area, the DR and A139 cameras side by side, they take the very top of the wiper area right in the middle of the glass.

I heard they give away free gifts (like memory cards, etc) for a 5 star review. Allegedly, that's where the high reviews are from. I was surprised, but then I saw the VanTop H610 did not do too well in the official review: https://dashcamtalk.com/vantop-h610/
Oh yikes! Yeah I'm not a fan of that either and it sounds like that's something to avoid then.
We are also working on a mirror dashcam, the sample is close to ready.
Oh awesome! I'm wrapping up a Thinkware U1000 review video now and I'd like to add a RVM backup cam into my mom's car. She doesn't have a backup camera or parking sensors so it'd be useful for her. Plus her RVM is starting to flake apart so it'd be nice to cover it up. :)

I'd love to hear more info regarding specs and availability too.
they look good in theory, have a look at some youtube reviews on these aftermarket ones and you'll notice a massive shortcoming, the aspect ratio of the video is much bigger than the monitor allows and you need to touch the mirror and move the picture around to see everything, not an issue on the OEM type that some cars have these days but the aftermarket has failed at this one so far
That's a good point. It'd be nice to find the sweet spot for height, but if you aim backwards to see cars behind you, you can't see what's down low like the end of a parking spot, hmm...
Easy to mount for reverse camera use

e89d2156913961b55075a81a806c2911.jpg
lol... what's the story behind that? Awesome plate by the way. :D

Hi,
Do you have some new information on this, maybe? Could not find any news on your website.

Just wanted to followup with you on this. I’m looking to get one soon and would love to go with a Viofo over the other random brands.

I’d love to hear more specs and details too, as well as some improvements over other comparable models.

The rearview mirror dashcam from us won't come out shortly. Maybe next year.

Back