Best mounting location to avoid inteference with Foward Collision Avoidance etc

AmarilloGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've got a new Hyundai that has all of the safety features. In front of the rear view mirror is a plastic compartment with the Forward Collision Avoidance, Lane Keeping Assist, etc. And at the center of the dash right next to the windshield and between the defrost vents is the ambient light/solar sensor used by the A/C system. The owners manual suggests that you should not mount any electronics on the windshield, but I'd like to mount my little Blueskysea B1W dash cam (and my radar detector). The Blueskysea does not have a video screen, but it has wifi (that can be turned off).

Does anyone have any suggestions about the best location to mount the dash cam? How far from these sensors do you think I need to mount the dash cam to avoid any kind of interference? I was thinking about mounting it high on the passenger side, but then it would not be in the area cleared by the windshield wipers.

Thanks!!

Those sensor array housings are hampering install of dashcams, i think the norm is people with those in their car put their dashcam off to the side of them, and a few mount the dashcam off the array housing plastic below it.

If you look back thru the where did you mount your dashcam thread you might get some ideas, and get a feel for what the different shapes of dashcams can do when it come to installing them.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/where-did-you-mount-the-camera-post-your-pictures.502/page-57

I dont think you should have to worry about RF interference between a dashcam and the sensors in there

Possibly the best solution is to buy a rear view mirror dash cam. These are literally cameras which clip straight over your existing rear view mirror. There is no need to mess around choosing a position for the suction mount or adhesive mount, and no worry of obstructing your view.

Possibly the best solution is to buy a rear view mirror dash cam. These are literally cameras which clip straight over your existing rear view mirror. There is no need to mess around choosing a position for the suction mount or adhesive mount, and no worry of obstructing your view.
That surely won't be the best decision for everyone. Maybe for people that have basic model vehicles. A lot of newer upper level trim vehicles such as mine (2018 Camry XSE) has the home link buttons on the rear view mirror. I mounted my camera below the mirror under the housing of the lane departure housing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back