Best multi-channel cam right now?

xamoel

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Good evening everybody!
Due to recent Events I'm planning the purchase of a multi-channel dash cam, which will probably be hardwired to my car.
As there are just so many of them out there, what would you guys figure the best multi-channel dash cam right now?
Price doens't matter, really, as having to repaint the car every few months is worth spending every dime on a high-end cam.
What it should have:
-2 channels, front and rear at least, maybe with Options for side-viewing cams, if that's possible?
-highest possible Resolution and Bitrate, at least 1080p for the front cam
-GPS
-best possible Video Quality, day and night
-parking mode, if possible
-mic, and mic muting, would be nice...
So far I've looked at the Vision drive, the new DOD LS430 and some others, but I'm just not firm enough to make the right choice at the Moment.
Hopefully someone here can help me out?!
Thanks for looking!

Good evening everybody!
Due to recent Events I'm planning the purchase of a multi-channel dash cam, which will probably be hardwired to my car.
As there are just so many of them out there, what would you guys figure the best multi-channel dash cam right now?
Price doens't matter, really, as having to repaint the car every few months is worth spending every dime on a high-end cam.
What it should have:
-2 channels, front and rear at least, maybe with Options for side-viewing cams, if that's possible?
-highest possible Resolution and Bitrate, at least 1080p for the front cam
-GPS
-best possible Video Quality, day and night
-parking mode, if possible
-mic, and mic muting, would be nice...
So far I've looked at the Vision drive, the new DOD LS430 and some others, but I'm just not firm enough to make the right choice at the Moment.
Hopefully someone here can help me out?!
Thanks for looking!

I have been searching for 2CH cam for over a month now but have not decide which one to get. Just to share with u my list.

1. Blackvue 550GW: USD299
Pro: Wifi, Sony Exmor CMOS, FHD+HD, discreet form, GPS
Con: Pixelation.

2. iTronics ITB 2000HD :USD329
Pro: 3.5" touch screen, Sony Exmor CMOS
Con: Video footages not very impressive (fr youtube). Size

3. Lukas LK5900 Duo : USD 229
Pro: Excellent operating temp tolerate : up to 70C
Con: Size, 720P 20/10 or 15/15FPS, no wifi, no screen.

4. Finevu CR-2i : USD269
Pro: Size, 5V
Con: 720P,no wifi, no screen.
Note: Watch out for newer model CR-2i Full HD

5. Blacksys CF100 : USD189
Pro: Sony Exmor CMOS
Con: Form factor, no wifi, no screen.

At the moment I think you'll only see decent results by using two independent 1080p cameras, most of the Korean stuff is built on the same TI platform and its not that great, you'll see better results coming from A7-LA based product but those are not readily available just yet, they're coming though

At the moment I think you'll only see decent results by using two independent 1080p cameras, most of the Korean stuff is built on the same TI platform and its not that great, you'll see better results coming from A7-LA based product but those are not readily available just yet, they're coming though
Totally agreed! But my only concern is there are 2 cards to be formatted/maint, wiring issue, too expensive if both are Wifi, 2 cams to dismantle every time I leave my car (rear cam of a 2 ch cam is smaller so I plan to leave it). Amp drawn fr car battery will be higher and if u only do a short commute daily the car batt might not charged properly.

There are strengths and weaknesses to separate or combined solutions, there's no one size fits all solution unfortunately

There are strengths and weaknesses to separate or combined solutions, there's no one size fits all solution unfortunately
I remembered reading from other thread that u r coming up with 2CH cam soon, right? Hopefully it will be the best of both worlds.

The Blackvue really looks good. What kind of pixelation are we talking about, do you have an example? Seems like the best option so far...

The pixelation occurs when recording a scene with a lot of information / moving items. For example trees. See this video.

If you don't mind that pixelation / macro blocks, this is the probably the best dual camera available right now.

Is that really what it Looks like? I played it in 1080p on YouTube, it Looks terrible!

Has anyone heard about the vision drive vd 9000? Video quality looks good, and it can be enhanced with a second cam.

Lookin Forward to your models, jokiin! Any idea where to buy your current model in Germany/Europe?

Do you have any other seller I might contact to see if the export ?

Last edited:
Back