Best night settings for rear?

00aas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Got my Joovuu X (thanks Jon from pier28!), playing around with it and all is well so far, planning on installing it as a rear dashcam.

Quick q, I'm planning on setting a timed mode 2 from 9pm to 5am to have the cam go into a "nightmode"- the current default mode 2 is 2560x1080p x 30fps w WDR on. That seems ideal for front view, but is that the best night mode setting for the rear as well? Just wondering as I'm assuming all the headlights from cars behind me that are facing the camera may wash everything out... if anyone has better rear view settings please let me know!

Thanks,
-A

I dont think it matter much what resolution you use, the x camera i have in the rear i run on 1080/60 FPS and WDR on ( allways have WDR on on my cameras )
If you drive on a dark rural road the camera will film nothing but darkness as rear lights on cars are too weak to illuminate the road behind the car.
If you venture into a town at night you will se a lot more, but offcourse there will be motion blur on a lot of it, allso depending on ammount of street light and what not in town, Las Vegas will allmost be like daytime i recon.
But a car creeping up from behind and tailgating you or stop behind you at a intersection should make for a good plate capture.

As you can see Randers where i live is not a town pimped out like a whore with lights

How does the HDR 1920x1080 compared to 1920x1080 WDR?
I had the X mounted on the rear facing the front as cabin/side cam.

The wide angle is enough to cover the whole cabin + rear passenger windows for side footage.
I had a mobius mounted facing rear but I found the the footage might not be as useful as side.

A lot of the time the rear glass is dirty and my car doesn't have rear wiper (sedan). And at night there is not enough light for rear to get clear image.

I have not bothered much with the HDR mode, don't seem to offer much difference in my eyes.

I am lucky my little "toy" car have a wiper in the rear, and it is needed as the rear is more or less just a flat vertical square so it accumulate a lot of dirt.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dirkzelf JooVuu 5
Back