Best Non-Cloud Camera

knapp7

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 5-year old Thinkware F770 and am considering replacing it as the video quality seems poor to me now. But I am confused by all the dash camera Cloud marketing hoopla these days, and have decided that while I am admittedly an old dog, sometimes it can be the smarter to avoid messing with new tricks. So I'm trying to zero in on the best video quality camera without Cloud functionality, which has lead me to VIOFO and Street Guardian. I've happily owned both brands in the past but was wondering if there better choices out there I ought to consider? Thanks

I've probably found the answers to my own question since my original post a couple of days ago. Apparently Cloud features may be optional and cameras will work perfectly well without activating Cloud connectivity, which is what the sales guys at BMC told me (for Thinkware cameras at least). I didn't understand that, and it was helpful to know. So I'll pass that on for other's benefit. Now the question is which camera? Since I've been impressed with SG video resolution on cameras I bought from them before I've decided to give their new 2K Quad unit a try. Thanks.

Back